Tuesday in Wisconsin.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS » April 7th, 2020, 10:56 am

We vote today and I wish I had voted absentee. I like showing up, though, and getting my 'I voted!' sticker.

Whatever you're up to today, be safe!
Drop and roll!

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » April 7th, 2020, 11:30 am

I hope the folks who give you ballots are sitting behind a sheet of glass and in rubber gloves, while checking people's names, crossing them from the registry... They bear the highest risk.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

ColleenMc

Post by ColleenMc » April 7th, 2020, 4:57 pm

I can't believe they made you go vote in person today. It's insanity. I hope everyone makes it through safely, especially the people who work the polls.

Colleen

KevinS

Post by KevinS » April 7th, 2020, 5:22 pm

Almost a million votes were made by absentee ballot. I could have done this, but I'm old and stubborn. And a little stupid.

But everything was remarkably well organized and seemed very safe. Workers wore masks and gloves, sat behind plexiglass sheets, gave us new pens to use and keep, etc. And curbside voting was available to anyone who asked for it.

So that's my last obligation for at least 10 to 14 days and my cat has food and litter. I'm all set to record and edit and listen a lot.
Drop and roll!

loon

Post by loon » April 9th, 2020, 4:32 am

I'm old and stubborn in just the same way. In Minnesota we had our primary before coronavirus really took off, but even at that time there were bottles of hand sanitizer all over the poling place and people were starting to stand farther apart. Stay healthy KevinS. Stay healthy Wisconsin.
Rich Brown
FullLoon.com

KevinS

Post by KevinS » April 9th, 2020, 5:47 am

loon wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 4:32 am
I'm old and stubborn in just the same way. In Minnesota we had our primary before coronavirus really took off, but even at that time there were bottles of hand sanitizer all over the poling place and people were starting to stand farther apart. Stay healthy KevinS. Stay healthy Wisconsin.
Thank you. You, too. (I feel an especial kinship with Minnesota but I've only been there once. Probably it is an unreasoned belief, but is it not colder in Minnesota? Maybe we should move to Iowa. Iowa is nice, too. And I think they build a Corn Palace every year!)
Drop and roll!