[CLOSED]Friendly Contest: Guess the 2020 Project Total

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
schrm
Posts: 3502
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » January 1st, 2021, 11:34 am

thx for that much fun @everyone!
:D :clap:

aaaand: :birthday: :clap: rose! congrats and i am eagerly awaiting your oscar speech :lol: :D
en: lay down your arms
de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, ostseemärchen
dpl: hoffmann*2
solo: na prost!

commonsparrow3
Posts: 3001
Joined: January 17th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Post by commonsparrow3 » January 1st, 2021, 1:14 pm

This was my New Year's Eve "count-up" - checking all evening in suspense to see what the final total at LV would be - and who guessed it! Much more exciting that the usual New Year's Eve count-down!
Thank you for all the fun this has given - Oh, how we needed such fun!
And wow! What a lot of books we produced this year! :clap:

Kazbek
Posts: 2567
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » January 1st, 2021, 2:23 pm

Hey... what just happened here while I was recovering from my Glorious Kazbek Victory countdown hangover? Let's get this straight now... one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper, like everyone who entertained the remotest possibility of losing has done, and now of all people she's declared the winner! How dumb do you think we are to believe in a "coincidence" like that? Long story short, I SHALL NOT CONCEDE!!!

Added: Ok, I just reached out to someone who spent half a million dollars to learn how to read very small letters and they agreed to examine the fine print of the contest for me for a special discount fee of $1000. I've been advised to disavow the above statement and attribute it to Russian hackers (which, technically speaking, could very well be me, but I digress...) Long story short, WELL DONE, ROSEBUD!!! :clap:

Michael

RSlabaugh
Posts: 1243
Joined: June 29th, 2019, 6:43 pm
Location: USA

Post by RSlabaugh » January 1st, 2021, 2:31 pm

Kazbek wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 2:23 pm
Hey... what just happened here while I was recovering from my Glorious Kazbek Victory countdown hangover? Let's get this straight now... one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper, like everyone who entertained the remotest possibility of losing has done, and now of all people she's declared the winner! How dumb do you think we are to believe in a "coincidence" like that? Long story short, I SHALL NOT CONCEDE!!!

Added: Ok, I just reached out to someone who spent half a million dollars to learn how to read very small letters and they agreed to examine the fine print of the contest for me for a special discount fee of $1000. I've been advised to disavow the above statement and attribute it to Russian hackers (which, technically speaking, could very well be me, but I digress...) Long story short, WELL DONE, ROSEBUD!!! :clap:

Michael
:lol: That's great! :) You know, you could file for wrong stipulations and urge that over shots be disqualified...
~Rosebud

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14192
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 1st, 2021, 3:15 pm

Kazbek wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 2:23 pm
one of us doesn't contribute a verse to the Piper
Ah, but they volunteered to be DPL. An offer that is worth their weight in gold - not, of course, that any exchange of currency is implied....

Thanks, Todd

KevinS
Posts: 11048
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 1st, 2021, 3:44 pm

There's always someone...



(Usually it's me.)

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14192
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am

Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd

KevinS
Posts: 11048
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 4th, 2021, 8:07 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am
Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd
Haha! I move that we form a committee to investigate.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1812
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » January 4th, 2021, 8:26 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am
Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd
The server logs have been erased that prove those filings were deliberately delayed by intentionally creating slow network traffic. I have proof! But the forum won't let me post all the data in the text box.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

Twinkle88
Posts: 3998
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » January 4th, 2021, 8:27 am

ToddHW wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 8:04 am
Hmmm. There have been 17 items cataloged in the first 3 days of 2021. 17 items that if cataloged just a few days earlier would have put Twinkle88 at the top, after passing by Kitty, commonsparrow3, Availle, and silverquill. Wonder who cataloged those 17?

A friendlier way to look at this is that at this rate, we'll break 2000 in 2021!

Thanks, Todd
What?! 17?!! Fishy, fishy... :hmm:

silverquill
Posts: 17143
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 4th, 2021, 9:11 am

Well, I know I was DPL for several projects that had just ONE section short of completion, and some of those just came in . . . . happens. And, there were those that just squeaked in on the last day. No challenges to the final tally here. :lol:
~ Larry

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50334
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » January 4th, 2021, 10:11 am

Just concede and get it over with. :P
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

DACSoft
Posts: 1442
Joined: August 17th, 2013, 8:51 am
Location: Connecticut, US

Post by DACSoft » January 4th, 2021, 12:41 pm

TriciaG wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 10:11 am
Just concede and get it over with. :P
I agree! Just look at how the 2020 U.S. election has got us thinking now. :D :D
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
Baseball Joe in the Big League; Whispering Tongues; The Story My Doggie Told to Me
Next up:
Baseball Joe on the Giants; The Arrival of Jimpson

KevinS
Posts: 11048
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » January 4th, 2021, 12:56 pm

The best, wisest, most efficacious, sensible, and soundest advice I can give is to suggest we begin another contest. Maybe something to do with adjectives?

schrm
Posts: 3502
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:02 am
Location: Austria

Post by schrm » January 4th, 2021, 12:59 pm

KevinS wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 12:56 pm
The best, wisest, most efficacious, sensible, and soundest advice I can give is to suggest we begin another contest. Maybe something to do with adjectives?
kevin, may i whisper a question to you?
why didn't you start another a2z collection?
:D
en: lay down your arms
de: sammlung prosa, hoffmann: sommerfrische, ostseemärchen
dpl: hoffmann*2
solo: na prost!

Post Reply