FULL[PLAY]Bacchides by Plautus - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 12th, 2021, 3:32 pm

I agree and I deleted that from the MW.

Thanks, Todd

alanmapstone
Posts: 2804
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » March 22nd, 2021, 4:35 am

Philoxenus act 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_philoxenus_5.mp3

As this character is only in the last 3 acts shall I do the odd fragments of the Servant in act 1, just to get them done?
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28145
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 22nd, 2021, 7:34 am

"what should you do ? do you even have to ask ?" :lol: this made me roll on the floor. The astonished outrage in your voice was priceless !

All lines in and perfect. Great job. Only for the final speech Todd agreed that it would be easier only to have it done by the two sisters, so nobody else has to read those lines. Sorry if it wasn't clear in the MW :( so these lines could be cut.
As this character is only in the last 3 acts shall I do the odd fragments of the Servant in act 1, just to get them done?
Not sure if Todd wants doubling with such a major role, so I better wait for him to return.

Thank you :)

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 14th, 2021, 11:32 am

Silenus and a Parasite await in the MW for their PL. Be quick before the wayward ass he rides carries Silenus away, or before the Parasite does any more mischief....

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 14th, 2021, 11:34 am

Kitty wrote:
March 22nd, 2021, 7:34 am
"what should you do ? do you even have to ask ?" :lol: this made me roll on the floor. The astonished outrage in your voice was priceless !

All lines in and perfect. Great job. Only for the final speech Todd agreed that it would be easier only to have it done by the two sisters, so nobody else has to read those lines. Sorry if it wasn't clear in the MW :( so these lines could be cut.
As this character is only in the last 3 acts shall I do the odd fragments of the Servant in act 1, just to get them done?
Not sure if Todd wants doubling with such a major role, so I better wait for him to return.

Thank you :)

Sonia
Whoops. I missed this. Yes, Alan, you can be the Act 1 servant.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28145
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 16th, 2021, 4:51 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 14th, 2021, 11:32 am
Silenus and a Parasite await in the MW for their PL. Be quick before the wayward ass he rides carries Silenus away, or before the Parasite does any more mischief....
:lol: Silenus is such a spoiler of the plot here. But excellently acted out, Todd, I can really see you riding on stage on an ass :mrgreen: (or maybe a hobby-horse :| ) Both Silenus and Parasite (did you have your nose pinched for that voice ?) are perfectly PL ok. Thank you

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 16th, 2021, 5:14 am

Sorry about the spoilers, but they are the author's words - or not, as the footnote indicates.

I hadn't thought about using a hobby-horse. But I suppose a poor struggling actor troupe might not be able to afford a real beast of burden for every performance....

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28145
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 16th, 2021, 5:21 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 5:14 am
I hadn't thought about using a hobby-horse. But I suppose a poor struggling actor troupe might not be able to afford a real beast of burden for every performance....
yes please consider our budget...there's lots of hay to be bought for the keep of that animal (and who will clean the stable ? I guess the one who is riding on it :mrgreen: )

Sonia

neecheelok70
Posts: 9528
Joined: April 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Post by neecheelok70 » April 16th, 2021, 7:12 am

May I claim Sections 7, 8, and 9. Jim

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 16th, 2021, 9:56 am

Thank you. I think you have to clean up after the animal too.

Todd

neecheelok70
Posts: 9528
Joined: April 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Post by neecheelok70 » April 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm

I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_chrysalus_2.mp3

13:59

Jim

alanmapstone
Posts: 2804
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 16th, 2021, 12:51 pm

neecheelok70 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm
I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_chrysalus_2.mp3
13:59
Jim
Hi Jim
With dramatic works it can be confusing to use section numbers as BCs move things around in MW as the project develops and section numbers constantly change. Better to refer to a section by the name of the character and the act number.
So I this case Chrysalus act 2
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14367
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 16th, 2021, 1:12 pm

neecheelok70 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm
I meant to claim 9, 10, and 11. How did you know? Here is Section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_chrysalus_2.mp3

13:59

Jim
I put your claim in with the original section numbers before I moved all the sections around to have the open sections on top.

What Alan said is best.

Thanks, Todd

neecheelok70
Posts: 9528
Joined: April 4th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Post by neecheelok70 » April 16th, 2021, 2:51 pm

Gotcha!

alanmapstone
Posts: 2804
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 17th, 2021, 12:17 am

Servant to Pistoclerus act 1

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bacchides_servant_1.mp3

I have just recorded what scraps of dialogue there are and will leave it to Todd to turn it into something usable :help:
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Post Reply