FULL [Play]: Seven Keys to Baldpate by George M. Cohan-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
ADKreader1122
Posts: 945
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » March 24th, 2021, 10:23 am

Thanks, Alan--PL Okay.

Lora

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » March 25th, 2021, 2:56 pm


ADKreader1122
Posts: 945
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » March 26th, 2021, 11:06 am

Mike--
Owner, Act 2 is PL Okay.

Lora

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7987
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » March 26th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Here is Mary. Sorry again for the delay. I hadn't realized how time had flown by!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_marynorton_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_marynorton_2_128kb.mp3

I gave you a few screams here and there. You may or may not be able to use them. I admit that they aren't the best. I was recording at 10 pm and was worried about waking or alarming my landlady, who lives in the same building. :lol: I had a perfectly wonderful scream in Act 4 of this one: https://librivox.org/adelgitha-or-the-fruits-of-a-single-error-by-matthew-lewis/ Maybe I should save it somewhere to be able to easily reuse it for future melodramas?

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » March 27th, 2021, 8:41 am

Thanks, Devorah!

Mike

ADKreader1122
Posts: 945
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » March 29th, 2021, 12:27 pm

Hello Devorah,
Great job with Mary--including the screams! PL okay for Act 1 and one note for Act 2. Just after "This is terrible"--about:52--add the lines "Tell me who did this? How did it happen?" It comes before you say. "She must have stolen...."

Thanks,
Lora

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7987
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » March 29th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Oh, drat. I'm sure I recorded that line. I must have cut it by accident in editing. I'll get to it soon.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7987
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » April 11th, 2021, 1:37 pm

Whoops. I just remembered about this note that was waiting on me. :oops: Here it is. I think I managed to get the right amount of hysteria into my voice. Tough to do, when you're not "in the moment" any longer.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_marynorton_2_128kb.mp3

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » April 11th, 2021, 3:21 pm

mightyfelix wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 1:37 pm
Whoops. I just remembered about this note that was waiting on me. :oops: Here it is. I think I managed to get the right amount of hysteria into my voice. Tough to do, when you're not "in the moment" any longer.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/sevenkeystobaldpate_marynorton_2_128kb.mp3
Thanks, Devorah. Just waiting on two more voices to submit their parts. I've been assembling as much as I can of Act 1 and Act 2 while waiting, so once I get the last two parts, it won't take long for me to stitch together the completed play.

Mike

ADKreader1122
Posts: 945
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

Post by ADKreader1122 » April 12th, 2021, 1:36 pm

Thanks, Devorah--Mary is PL Okay.

Lora

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » April 12th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Just discovered there are some lines for a Cop in Act 2 (who the author for some reason left out of the cast list). There aren't many lines; he (or she) starts on page 87 and comes back a couple of times before the end of the play.

I thought we were FULL, but I guess our status is OPEN again. Any takers? I'd do it myself, but I've already got my own walk-on role at the end of the play.

Mike

WiltedScribe
Posts: 2653
Joined: April 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Post by WiltedScribe » April 16th, 2021, 8:58 pm

Tomas Peter
In recovery mode. Please bear with me for the next little while.

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » April 17th, 2021, 4:45 am

Thank you!

Mike

Salvationist
Posts: 928
Joined: December 22nd, 2015, 7:46 pm
Location: North America

Post by Salvationist » April 17th, 2021, 11:00 am

MManolakes wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 4:06 pm
Just discovered there are some lines for a Cop in Act 2 (who the author for some reason left out of the cast list). There aren't many lines; he (or she) starts on page 87 and comes back a couple of times before the end of the play.

I thought we were FULL, but I guess our status is OPEN again. Any takers? I'd do it myself, but I've already got my own walk-on role at the end of the play.

Mike
May I take on the role of the Cop? This seems like a fun play and I'd be glad to be involved.

MManolakes
Posts: 448
Joined: January 26th, 2017, 1:52 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ
Contact:

Post by MManolakes » April 17th, 2021, 2:12 pm

Salvationist wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 11:00 am
MManolakes wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 4:06 pm
Just discovered there are some lines for a Cop in Act 2 (who the author for some reason left out of the cast list). There aren't many lines; he (or she) starts on page 87 and comes back a couple of times before the end of the play.

I thought we were FULL, but I guess our status is OPEN again. Any takers? I'd do it myself, but I've already got my own walk-on role at the end of the play.

Mike
May I take on the role of the Cop? This seems like a fun play and I'd be glad to be involved.
Thank you! The cast is finally full.

Mike

Post Reply