EDITING[Play] Overruled by George Bernard Shaw - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
MichaelMaggs
Posts: 376
Joined: April 27th, 2012, 1:10 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by MichaelMaggs » February 2nd, 2021, 7:46 am

Ok, here are the stage directions ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 12.49

Shaw doesn't include a dramatis personae section but I've included one anyway, based on the MW, as I expect you'll need something to identify the contributors. Please ignore if not useful.

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 2nd, 2021, 8:12 am

MichaelMaggs wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 7:46 am
Ok, here are the stage directions ...

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 @ 12.49

Shaw doesn't include a dramatis personae section but I've included one anyway, based on the MW, as I expect you'll need something to identify the contributors. Please ignore if not useful.
Hi Michael that's great thank you

BaAdoMishram
Posts: 13
Joined: December 22nd, 2020, 7:25 am

Post by BaAdoMishram » February 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm

Can I be Mrs. Lunn?

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 2nd, 2021, 3:06 pm

BaAdoMishram wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 2:16 pm
Can I be Mrs. Lunn?
Hi and thank you for claiming. As this is a play please leave at least 3 to 4 seconds silence between each line that your character says. This helps with editing later on. Thanks

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 6th, 2021, 1:45 pm

Narrator and Dramatis Personae are PL OK thanks

qthemusic123
Posts: 40
Joined: January 9th, 2021, 7:04 am
Location: UK

Post by qthemusic123 » February 9th, 2021, 6:56 am

Hope this is OK? First attempt, so fingers crossed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_theladymrsjuno_1_128kb.mp3
When words fail, music speaks.

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 9th, 2021, 9:03 am

qthemusic123 wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 6:56 am
Hope this is OK? First attempt, so fingers crossed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_theladymrsjuno_1_128kb.mp3
Thank you for your section I will PL it later and let you know if anything is needed.

Hamlet
Posts: 859
Joined: March 14th, 2015, 11:11 pm

Post by Hamlet » February 11th, 2021, 7:58 am

Here are Gregory Lunn's speeches.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_gregorylunn_1_128kb.mp3

One point I'd like to add. I noticed that you have listed "A Matter of Fact Male Voice" as a separate character. That one line is actually Juno's line just before he enters with Mrs Lunn. Mrs Juno even says, "That was my husband's voice" immediately after. Shaw has a habit of not naming his characters until the name comes up in dialog--for example, Mrs Juno being "The Lady" for her first line.

Brad

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 11th, 2021, 11:20 am

Hamlet wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 7:58 am
Here are Gregory Lunn's speeches.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_gregorylunn_1_128kb.mp3

One point I'd like to add. I noticed that you have listed "A Matter of Fact Male Voice" as a separate character. That one line is actually Juno's line just before he enters with Mrs Lunn. Mrs Juno even says, "That was my husband's voice" immediately after. Shaw has a habit of not naming his characters until the name comes up in dialog--for example, Mrs Juno being "The Lady" for her first line.

Brad
Hi Brad. Thank you for your section and thank you for the info re the voice that is very much appreciated I will sort that out.

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 13th, 2021, 11:56 am

Mrs Juno and Gregory are both PL OK great reading from you both thank you

Aikenpayne
Posts: 74
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Post by Aikenpayne » February 16th, 2021, 9:32 pm

Good Evening all,

I see in the Magic Window that the role of Juno is still open. Should this be the case, I would like to claim it, if possible.

As a matter of clarification, does anyone know if this play is Public Domain in Ireland? Undertaking this part would be dependent on it being so.

Many thanks,

Sláinte,

Aiken

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 17th, 2021, 1:21 am

Aikenpayne wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 9:32 pm
Good Evening all,

I see in the Magic Window that the role of Juno is still open. Should this be the case, I would like to claim it, if possible.

As a matter of clarification, does anyone know if this play is Public Domain in Ireland? Undertaking this part would be dependent on it being so.

Many thanks,

Sláinte,

Aiken
Hi Aiken the public domain in Ireland is +70 years from the death of the author so this is ok for you. I will sign you up.

BaAdoMishram
Posts: 13
Joined: December 22nd, 2020, 7:25 am

Post by BaAdoMishram » February 25th, 2021, 7:41 am

Unfortunately I have had some things come up that have made me too busy to devote the time I would need to record this. Thank you for the opportunity, but since I will not be able to complete it in the time limit, I think I should forgo and let someone else do it.

wib66
Posts: 10975
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » February 25th, 2021, 10:35 am

BaAdoMishram wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 7:41 am
Unfortunately I have had some things come up that have made me too busy to devote the time I would need to record this. Thank you for the opportunity, but since I will not be able to complete it in the time limit, I think I should forgo and let someone else do it.
Not a problem at all I do hope everything is ok thank you very much for letting me know

Aikenpayne
Posts: 74
Joined: March 16th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Post by Aikenpayne » March 6th, 2021, 2:57 pm

Good Evening,

Herewith the recording for: “Juno” and incorporating the few words spoken by “A matter of fact male voice”.

I hope I got everything. Please let me know if it needs any adjustments, additions, amendments, etc.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/overruled_junoandamatteroffactmalevoice_1_128kb.mp3

Time: 21 mins, 45 secs

I’ve really enjoyed recording this part and I’m looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Sláinte

Aiken

Post Reply