~OPEN [DR] Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
Post Reply
Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 24th, 2021, 1:10 pm


Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 24th, 2021, 1:11 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

Just a note: This filename is in the format that will be used by the editor for final edited chapters. Individual filenames for characters, including the narrator, should be:

understoodbetsy_[role]_[two-digit chapter number].mp3

JoannaHoyt
Posts: 260
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 8:27 am
Location: Orwell, NY, USA
Contact:

Post by JoannaHoyt » February 24th, 2021, 4:05 pm

Here are Cousin Ann's last three chapters.

Chapter 8, 2:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_08.mp3

Chapter 10, 0:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_10.mp3

Chapter 11, 1:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_11.mp3

--I realize I may need to redo the shared line "Let me see that letter" in Chapter 11. When I tried clicking on "do the timing something like THIS" all I got were messages saying it was impossible to connect to Chat.

LaurenEmma3
Posts: 71
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 9:31 am

Post by LaurenEmma3 » February 25th, 2021, 10:30 am

Hello,

Here is Cousin Molly - duration 38 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_cousinmolly_01.mp3

Thanks,

Lauren

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 25th, 2021, 6:15 pm

JoannaHoyt wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 4:05 pm
Here are Cousin Ann's last three chapters.

Chapter 8, 2:11
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_08.mp3

Chapter 10, 0:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_10.mp3

Chapter 11, 1:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_annputney_11.mp3

--I realize I may need to redo the shared line "Let me see that letter" in Chapter 11. When I tried clicking on "do the timing something like THIS" all I got were messages saying it was impossible to connect to Chat.
Thank you!

No, that's fine that you went ahead and read it. The first reader to complete his or her recording for that group line (you! :) ) will provide the audio file for the remaining readers to listen to. I meant to add a note in the script about that, but I guess I missed that line.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 25th, 2021, 6:23 pm

LaurenEmma3 wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 10:30 am
Hello,

Here is Cousin Molly - duration 38 seconds.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_cousinmolly_01.mp3

Thanks,

Lauren
Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 25th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Ann Putney Chapters 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 11 are PL OK! :thumbs: Wonderful job, Joanna! :clap:

JoannaHoyt
Posts: 260
Joined: January 10th, 2021, 8:27 am
Location: Orwell, NY, USA
Contact:

Post by JoannaHoyt » February 25th, 2021, 6:47 pm

Thanks! This was fun, and your color-coded script made it easy. Thanks for explaining about the shared lines.

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 25th, 2021, 6:54 pm

Aunt Frances Chapter 1 is PL OK! :thumbs: Wonderful job so far! :)

GregGiordano
Posts: 3803
Joined: December 31st, 2012, 9:22 am
Location: New Port Richey, Florida

Post by GregGiordano » February 26th, 2021, 2:41 am

Here is the part of Uncle Nate - Chapter Five:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_unclenate_05.mp3

Take care,

Greg

Bookworm360
Posts: 486
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Royal Palace, Spritiworld

Post by Bookworm360 » February 26th, 2021, 7:34 am

JayKitty76 wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 5:06 pm
JoannaHoyt wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 9:46 am
Before I go on, there's one thing I realize I need to know--is 'Lias pronounced LEE-as or LIE-as?
LIE-as. https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_pronunciation_lias.mp3


(I hope you don't mind my answering this, Twinkle.)
Thanks for clearing that up jaykitty; I would have read it as “Leeas”. :P
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Check out these projects:
Understood Betsy(Dramatic Reading)
Works of the Right Hon. Edmund Burke
DR scene & story collection, vol.3 (PL Wanted)

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 26th, 2021, 6:31 pm

GregGiordano wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 2:41 am
Here is the part of Uncle Nate - Chapter Five:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/understoodbetsy_unclenate_05.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Thank you!

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 26th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Aunt Frances Chapters 2, 4, 6, and 11 are all PL OK! :thumbs: A wonderful job! :clap:

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 26th, 2021, 6:44 pm

Stashie Ch 9 is spot PL OK! :thumbs:

Twinkle88
Posts: 3959
Joined: January 25th, 2016, 8:38 pm
Contact:

Post by Twinkle88 » February 26th, 2021, 6:49 pm

Cousin Molly Lathrop is PL OK! :thumbs: Lovely job! :clap:

Post Reply