~SOLO [FINNISH] Viimeinen ottelu by Jack London-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
smerikal

Post by smerikal » June 21st, 2021, 3:46 pm

Viimeinen ottelu, by Jack London (1876 - 1916), translated by Einari Merikallio (1888 - 1961)

Volunteers outside the USA: Einari Merikallio died in 1961. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 50 years; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
(Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/56793

Target completion date: 2021-12-31

Prooflistening level: Translated Text
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

JOKAISEN ÄÄNITYKSEN ALUSSA (Intro)
•"[Monesko luku] [Viimeinen ottelu] Tämä on librivox - äänite. Kaikki LibriVox - äänitteet ovat julkista omaisuutta. Lisätietoja saadaksesi, tai ilmoittautuaksei vapaaehtoiseksi, mene osoitteeseen librivox.org. Lukijana Sini Merikallio. Viimeinen ottelu, Jack London, käännös Einari Merikallio. Section Title"

• Halutessasi voit sanoa
"Lukijana [Sini Merikallio]
[Viimeinen ottelu], [Jack London], [Luvun järjestysnumero]"

JOKAISEN ÄÄNITYKSEN LOPUSSA:
• äänityksen lopussa sano:
"Luvun (järjestysnumero) loppu"

KOKO KIRJAN LOPUSSA
• Kirjan lopussa sano lisäksi :
"Kirjan loppu. [Viimeinen ottelu], [Jack London], käännös Einari Merikallio."

• Jos haluat, sano:
"lukijana [Sini Merikallio]"

Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: viimeinenottelu_##_london_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. viimeinenottelu_01_london_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » June 23rd, 2021, 7:59 am

I'd be happy to MC this for you.

I'll get your MW set up and be back with further instructions.

I will also need to set you up in our reader database. How would you like your completed sections to be credited? Some people use their forum name, some their real name, some choose something else.

MaryAnn

Edit - ok, your MW is ready. To give you permission to edit it, I first need to know your preferred catalog name.

smerikal

Post by smerikal » June 26th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Thank you Mary Ann!!! :clap:
Sorry it took to answer, been a bit hectic here with midsummer and all that :D

I would like to be credited as "smerikal".

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » June 26th, 2021, 2:53 pm

Smerikal,

OK, Your MW is set up an ready for you to work on.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.
Note that passwords for the magic window and the forum are not connected. You can use the same password in both places (I think a lot of people do), but if you change it on one system, it won't affect the password on the other system.

Next, you'll need to start entering section (or chapter) titles. I've entered the first couple to get you started.

Then you are ready to start recording. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. Link from the uploader goes in the "listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. Then be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo. You've picked a nice size book - not too long and something that you are interested in, so it should be a manageable and enjoyable process for you.

MaryAnn

smerikal

Post by smerikal » Yesterday, 1:28 am

Hey just an update on this project! I could not record well during the last month as it was way too hot and I had to keep the windows open - it was pretty noisy! But now the temperature is coming down, so I'll get back on this! :-)

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » Yesterday, 11:37 am

Thanks for the update!