Multilingual Short Works Collection 029 - thw

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
livia
Posts: 109
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

Post by livia » April 9th, 2021, 7:43 am

Kitty wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 5:46 am
livia wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 11:45 am
Here is the poem "The Day is Done" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, translated into Romanian:
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_ozisadus_longfellow_lf_128kb.mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 02:55
thank you, Livia, how lovely. And it's so cool to hear English poems in translation for once, compared to the many foreign authors I already heard translated in English. :9:

Totally PL ok, thanks !

Sonia
Many thanks, Sonia! :D

The book "Din opera poetică a lui Nicolae Iorga" has a significant part of translations of poems created by foreign authors. Many poems are translated from English. Almost all foreign authors are in the LibriVox catalog. I'm glad I can find the original poems very quickly.
Applause for the readers who recorded them! :9:

Michael, Thank you for the keywords added to "O zi s'a dus". :D

Best regards!

Livia

diptivs
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2021, 7:36 pm

Post by diptivs » April 10th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Hello! :)

Here is the recording of short stories (mainly for kids), recorded in language Marathi (India)

Title:Book title “Sopya va Manoranjak Goshti''
by author: “Vishnu Vasudo natekar”,
read in: Marathi.

Text URL: https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=emu.300000433438&view=1up&seq=2

MP3 URL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_sopyavamanoranjakgoshti_natekar_diptivs_128kb.mp3
Duration (mm:ss) - 26:59

Keywords: Short Stories, Moral stories, kids

Thank you,
Dipti

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 2731
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 10th, 2021, 7:46 pm

diptivs wrote:
April 10th, 2021, 5:09 pm
Hello! :)

Here is the recording of short stories (mainly for kids), recorded in language Marathi (India)
Hi Dipti,

I'm happy to see a contribution in Marathi! We need many more of those in our catalog. :)

I'll advertise a proof-listener who speaks Marathi. If no one reports in a few days, we'll do a more basic form of PL, so you don't have to wait too long for feedback on your first recording. Please check the Magic Window to make sure I entered the title in the Marathi alphabet correctly.

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Thanks,
Michael

livia
Posts: 109
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

Post by livia » April 11th, 2021, 3:41 am

Hello! :)

Here is another poem in Romanian (my last recording for msw_029):

Author: Nicolae Iorga (1871 - 1940)
Link to author on Wikipedia - https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Iorga
Text URL:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Nicolae_Iorga_-_Din_opera_poetic%C4%83_a_lui_N._Iorga.pdf
(go to page 59)
Title: Se'nalță fumul de tămâie
MP3URL - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_senaltafumuldetamaie_iorga_lf_128kb.mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 02:43
Keywords: Nicolae Iorga, Romanian poetry, Iisus Hristos, Mântuitorul lumii, Jertfa Crucii, Biserica, rugăciuni

Thank you,

Livia

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 2731
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 11th, 2021, 6:16 am

livia wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 3:41 am
Hello! :)

Here is another poem in Romanian (my last recording for msw_029):
Thank you, Livia! Hope to hear from you again in volume 30! :)

Michael

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28219
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 12th, 2021, 7:33 am

livia wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 3:41 am
MP3URL - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_senaltafumuldetamaie_iorga_lf_128kb.mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 02:43
and thank you Livia, for another flawless poem :thumbs: PL ok again

Sonia

diptivs
Posts: 11
Joined: January 24th, 2021, 7:36 pm

Post by diptivs » April 12th, 2021, 9:52 am

Kazbek wrote:
April 10th, 2021, 7:46 pm
diptivs wrote:
April 10th, 2021, 5:09 pm
Hello! :)

Here is the recording of short stories (mainly for kids), recorded in language Marathi (India)
Hi Dipti,

I'm happy to see a contribution in Marathi! We need many more of those in our catalog. :)

I'll advertise a proof-listener who speaks Marathi. If no one reports in a few days, we'll do a more basic form of PL, so you don't have to wait too long for feedback on your first recording. Please check the Magic Window to make sure I entered the title in the Marathi alphabet correctly.

Since this is the first time you'll be assigned a section, let me know under what name (real or nickname) you would like to be credited in the catalog. We can also include a link to your personal website or blog, if you have one.

Thanks,
Michael
Thank you, that's so exciting. We will get more in catalog for sure :) . I shall advertise this more to bring in more contributors.
Yes title looks perfect.
If possible, I would like to go with name "DS", that how my friends call me :) . I do not have any link of personal page, as of now ;)

Have a great day!
Thanks,
Dipti

livia
Posts: 109
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

Post by livia » April 12th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Kitty wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 7:33 am
livia wrote:
April 11th, 2021, 3:41 am
MP3URL - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_senaltafumuldetamaie_iorga_lf_128kb.mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 02:43
and thank you Livia, for another flawless poem :thumbs: PL ok again

Sonia
Thank you, Sonia! :D

A beautiful week!

Livia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 28219
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 13th, 2021, 7:28 am

diptivs wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 9:52 am
If possible, I would like to go with name "DS", that how my friends call me :) . I do not have any link of personal page, as of now ;)
here is your reader page with the name change: https://librivox.org/reader/16080 I hope it's ok like this

Sonia

SachaKard
Posts: 14
Joined: April 12th, 2021, 3:30 am

Post by SachaKard » April 15th, 2021, 5:27 pm

Hi,

Here is a fairytale from H. C. Andersen in french : )

La Bergère et le ramoneur, from this link : http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18244/18244-h/18244-h.htm#La_bergere_et_le_ramoneur
The audio file : https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_bergereramoneur_andersen_aik_128kb.mp3
Duration : 10:03

Do I have to post my recording elsewhere in order to get a proof listening, or is this thread enough?
Bright the hawk’s flight
on the empty sky.

AyeChanMay8
Posts: 7
Joined: April 15th, 2021, 7:27 am

Post by AyeChanMay8 » April 16th, 2021, 12:05 am

Hi, I’m Aye Chan, and I’m new here!

I read one short Burmese story in English by Mimosa

Title: The Woman, The Man, and The Nāt
Text URL: https://archive.org/details/cu31924079574350/page/n7/mode/2up (pages 14-20)
Date of publication: 1895
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_thewomanthemanandthenat_mimosa_acm_128kb_(online-audio-converter_com).mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 09:36
Keywords: Burmese short story, Burma, Myanmar, Historical Archive

Although this recording is in English, I have told a traditional Burmese story that is meaningful in my culture :) I hope that everyone will enjoy it!

victorseremet
Posts: 67
Joined: November 21st, 2020, 6:29 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Contact:

Post by victorseremet » April 16th, 2021, 2:38 am

Hi!
Please find here another Romanian poem

Title: Oaspetii Primaverii
Author: Vasile Alecsandri
Uploader Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_oaspetiiprimaverii_alecsandri_vs_128kb.mp3
Duration: 1:49
Source: https://archive.org/details/operecomplete02alecuoft/page/26/mode/2up?view=theater
Publication date: 1896
Language: Romanian
Key words: poetry, poem, Vasile Alecsandri, poezie, poezii de primavara, pasteluri, pastels, spring, primavara

Thank you!
Victor

pwierzbowski
Posts: 17
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 3:11 am
Location: Białystok, Poland
Contact:

Post by pwierzbowski » April 16th, 2021, 5:57 am

Here is a poem in Esperanto, originally written by Leon Zamenhof and published in Literatura Mondo, 1922. Ĉu estas land’?… (Is there a country?) is about an ideal country that exists only in the heart.

Title: Ĉu estas land’?…
Author: Leon Zamenhof
Uploader Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_chuestasland_zamenhof_pw_128kb.mp3
Duration: 1:55
Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:LM_1922-3_Leono_Zamenhof_-_%C4%88u_estas_land.pdf
Publication date: 1922
Language: Esperanto
Key words: poetry, poem, Leon Zamenhof

Thank you,
Przemek.

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 2731
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 16th, 2021, 11:22 am

SachaKard wrote:
April 15th, 2021, 5:27 pm
Hi,

Here is a fairytale from H. C. Andersen in french : )

La Bergère et le ramoneur, from this link : http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18244/18244-h/18244-h.htm#La_bergere_et_le_ramoneur
The audio file : https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_bergereramoneur_andersen_aik_128kb.mp3
Duration : 10:03

Do I have to post my recording elsewhere in order to get a proof listening, or is this thread enough?
Thank you, Sacha! I've entered your contribution into the Magic Window and our proof-listener, Sonia, will listen to it soon. :)

Michael

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 2731
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » April 16th, 2021, 11:31 am

AyeChanMay8 wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 12:05 am
Hi, I’m Aye Chan, and I’m new here!

I read one short Burmese story in English by Mimosa

Title: The Woman, The Man, and The Nāt
Text URL: https://archive.org/details/cu31924079574350/page/n7/mode/2up (pages 14-20)
Date of publication: 1895
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw029_thewomanthemanandthenat_mimosa_acm_128kb_(online-audio-converter_com).mp3
Duration(mm:ss) - 09:36
Keywords: Burmese short story, Burma, Myanmar, Historical Archive

Although this recording is in English, I have told a traditional Burmese story that is meaningful in my culture :) I hope that everyone will enjoy it!
Hi Aye Chan, and welcome to LibriVox! :)

It looks like a great contribution and the source you picked is in the public domain in the US and hence usable at LibriVox. However, being in standard English, it doesn't seem to be a good fit for this project. The Multilingual Short Works Collection is devoted to works in languages other than English, unless the reading showcases an unusual form of English. It looks like the story you recorded would be a good fit for our collection Myths and Legends Around the World (in English):

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=85505

Let me know if you have any questions.

Michael

Post Reply