[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 028 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kazbek
Posts: 2518
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » February 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Thank you, Katharina! Could you also list a few keywords which describe this story for us (in German or English)? For the future, the title in the filename should be written as one word, without underscores.

Michael

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27818
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 26th, 2021, 1:23 am

:lol: now that was a funny text, but I already read some other stories by Twain and I know his sense of humour. You've narrated it wonderfully, Katharina. :thumbs:

There are a few stumbles inside your recording, which could still be cut out. This is very easy in Audacity, simply enlarge the waves very big with the magnifying glass. Then you can accurately cut the bit that is double. (There is no need to re-record, because that would be too much trouble both for the reader and for the PLer and chances are high there may be other errors in the new recording. We highly encourage editing over re-recording ;) )

So here is what needs doing:

> at 3:20: (p. 18) stumble and repeat: "und begegnete unter – unterwegs"
> at 4:42: (p. 19) stumble and repeat: "mit viel Geschick zu ha – behandeln"
> at 5:56: (p. 20) "und trieb mir schliesslich die Erkältung aus dem Kopf in die Lunge" – I think you say "trieb mich"
> at 7:07: (p. 20) "dort machten wir den Tag über Segelfahrten" – I think the first word got cut out by mistake, there's a sort of jump in the audio

Thank you for this funny addition to our collection 8-)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27818
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » February 26th, 2021, 1:24 am

We are approaching the end already, only one section left to claim :shock:

Michael, have you contacted Nate already per PM, to maybe ask for his small edit ?

Sonia

Kazbek
Posts: 2518
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » February 26th, 2021, 7:50 am

Kitty wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 1:24 am
Michael, have you contacted Nate already per PM, to maybe ask for his small edit ?
Sent just now.

Thanks,
Michael

Katharina21
Posts: 63
Joined: February 12th, 2021, 9:36 am

Post by Katharina21 » February 26th, 2021, 9:26 am

Kazbek wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm
Thank you, Katharina! Could you also list a few keywords which describe this story for us (in German or English)? For the future, the title in the filename should be written as one word, without underscores.

Michael
It's a funny story where the author describes treatments he tried to cure his cold. I'll remember to leave out the the underscores in future, thanks for letting me know. I'm new to this and learning,
Katharina

Katharina21
Posts: 63
Joined: February 12th, 2021, 9:36 am

Post by Katharina21 » February 26th, 2021, 9:52 am

Kitty wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 1:23 am
:lol: now that was a funny text, but I already read some other stories by Twain and I know his sense of humour. You've narrated it wonderfully, Katharina. :thumbs:

There are a few stumbles inside your recording, which could still be cut out. This is very easy in Audacity, simply enlarge the waves very big with the magnifying glass. Then you can accurately cut the bit that is double. (There is no need to re-record, because that would be too much trouble both for the reader and for the PLer and chances are high there may be other errors in the new recording. We highly encourage editing over re-recording ;) )

So here is what needs doing:

> at 3:20: (p. 18) stumble and repeat: "und begegnete unter – unterwegs"
> at 4:42: (p. 19) stumble and repeat: "mit viel Geschick zu ha – behandeln"
> at 5:56: (p. 20) "und trieb mir schliesslich die Erkältung aus dem Kopf in die Lunge" – I think you say "trieb mich"
> at 7:07: (p. 20) "dort machten wir den Tag über Segelfahrten" – I think the first word got cut out by mistake, there's a sort of jump in the audio

Thank you for this funny addition to our collection 8-)

Sonia
I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Thank you for the detailed feedback, that made editing so easy! I uploaded the edited version and fixed the filename at the same time. The link is https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_wieeinschnupfenkuriertwird_twain_kel_128kb.mp3
Thanks,
Katharina

Katharina21
Posts: 63
Joined: February 12th, 2021, 9:36 am

Post by Katharina21 » February 26th, 2021, 9:53 am

Katharina21 wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:26 am
Kazbek wrote:
February 25th, 2021, 7:38 pm
Thank you, Katharina! Could you also list a few keywords which describe this story for us (in German or English)? For the future, the title in the filename should be written as one word, without underscores.

Michael
It's a funny story where the author describes treatments he tried to cure his cold. I'll remember to leave out the the underscores in future, thanks for letting me know. I'm new to this and learning,
Katharina
The PL pointed out some parts that needed editing so I uploaded an edited version and fixed the filename while I was at it. The link is https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_wieeinschnupfenkuriertwird_twain_kel_128kb.mp3.
Thanks,
Katharina

Kazbek
Posts: 2518
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » February 26th, 2021, 4:33 pm

Katharina21 wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:53 am
The PL pointed out some parts that needed editing so I uploaded an edited version and fixed the filename while I was at it. The link is https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_wieeinschnupfenkuriertwird_twain_kel_128kb.mp3.
Thanks,
Katharina
Thanks, Katharina! I've entered it into the Magic Window for Sonia to check.

Keywords are meant to help people find the recording through a search engine. So, for this one I've picked: Humor, Feuilleton, Amerikanische Literatur, How to Cure a Cold. Let me know if you want to add any others.

Another bookkeeping note the future: we ask readers to tell us the duration of their recording (mm:ss) for every upload.

Cheers,
Michael

livia
Posts: 110
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

Post by livia » February 28th, 2021, 8:41 am

Hello :)

Here is a poem in Romanian:

Author: Octavian Goga (1881 - 1938) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavian_Goga
Title: Taina
Text URL: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Octavian_Goga_-_Din_umbra_zidurilor_-_Poezii.pdf (1913)
Go to page 103 (the page 108 of the book)
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_taina_goga_lf_128kb.mp3.

Keywords: Romanian poetry, the mystery, the power of love; taina, puterea iubirii

Thank you,
Livia

Kazbek
Posts: 2518
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » February 28th, 2021, 10:08 am

livia wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:41 am
Hello :)

Here is a poem in Romanian:
Hi Livia,

I'm glad to see a contribution in Romanian, and the source is PD. Could you also tell us the duration (mm:ss)?

Thanks!
Michael

livia
Posts: 110
Joined: August 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

Post by livia » February 28th, 2021, 10:21 am

Kazbek wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 10:08 am
livia wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:41 am
Hello :)

Here is a poem in Romanian:
Hi Livia,

I'm glad to see a contribution in Romanian, and the source is PD. Could you also tell us the duration (mm:ss)?

Thanks!
Michael
Hi Michael,

MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_taina_goga_lf_128kb.mp3.
Duration (mm:ss): 02:03

Thank you,
Livia

Kazbek
Posts: 2518
Joined: April 24th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Post by Kazbek » February 28th, 2021, 10:32 am

livia wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 10:21 am
Duration (mm:ss): 02:03
Thanks! :)

And with that, volume 28 is fully booked. 8-)

Michael

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14119
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » February 28th, 2021, 10:45 am

Okay. I'll start to work up the catalog page material while the last couple sections get PL'd/fixed.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27818
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 2nd, 2021, 4:40 am

Katharina21 wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:52 am
Thank you for the detailed feedback, that made editing so easy! I uploaded the edited version and fixed the filename at the same time. The link is https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_wieeinschnupfenkuriertwird_twain_kel_128kb.mp3
thank you, Katharina, this is excellently edited :thumbs: and totally PL ok now :)

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 27818
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 2nd, 2021, 4:51 am

livia wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 10:21 am
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_taina_goga_lf_128kb.mp3.
Duration (mm:ss): 02:03
Livia ! so cool to hear from you again, and another lovely poem in Romanian :9: a nice addition to our collection and you bring the language count up to 8 for this project. :thumbs:

Absolutely PL ok. Thank you

Sonia

Post Reply