Complete - [CHILDREN'S FICTION/RELIGION] Helen Lester by Pansy-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 18th, 2021, 6:53 am

Hello All,

To everyone who has submittd a chapter recently and is awaiting feedback, please excuse the delay. If Hannah had not kindly pointed out that there were chapters awaiting me, Librivox might never have informed me of the fact either. Technology--can't live with it, can't live without it! I look forward to PL'ing these chapters in the next few days, hopefully by Saturday or Sunday, depending on my health and time. Thanks for your patience.

Joyfully,

Bethesda Lily

Krissywissy

Post by Krissywissy » February 19th, 2021, 4:35 am

Krissywissy

Post by Krissywissy » February 19th, 2021, 5:08 am

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » February 19th, 2021, 5:26 am

Krissywissy wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 5:08 am
Hello again!

Here is Chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_07_pansy_128kb.mp3

Duration: 03:57
Thanks for both of these sections!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 5:45 am

Chapter 2 is PL OK. Thanks, Nancy--it made me cry!

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 6:11 am

Chapter 5 is also PL OK. So beautifully, earnestly read! It blessed me to tears--and don't we all need to remember that lesson?

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 6:50 am

Hi, Christine,

Chapter 6 is PL OK. I really enjoyed it! Chapter 7 is so close... However:

0:10: You give the LV website address as "librivox.com." Please edit this to "librivox.org."
1:58: Repeated phrase "trying hard."

Other than those small changes, this is perfect. Please let me know if you'd like any help making them.

Joy and Blessings,

Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 7:02 am

Chapter11 is PL OK. It made me smile, sing, and dance for joy inside.

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 7:16 am

Chapter 14 is PL OK--and, I've been saying it all morning, but it was a true encouragement.

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily » February 19th, 2021, 7:49 am

To Everyone Who Has Worked So Diligently on This Project:

For the record, this includes anyone who has requested a chapter but who hasn't had the opportunity to read it yet... A bit of background: This book has had a special place in my heart for years, for it illustrates the beauty of a life lived in Jesus and places much-needed emphasis on spiritual matters. I don't know of many books that attempt to teach children the same lessons now. What's more, this book serves as a beautiful, nostalgic memory. I'll never forget a day on which I reread this two years ago, when for a variety of other reasons the Lord flooded me with His glorious joy and beautiful presence, assuring me that I was not alone. That said, I had eventually planned to record his book as a solo project, but then my health deteriorated significantly. The next best thing, then, was to DPL.

However, in all honesty, when I began to listen to the recently-submitted chapters this morning, I must admit that I was really not feeling up to it. I had a headache, my illness-fogged brain did not want to engage, and I felt overwhelmed at the prospect of actual PL'ing logistics--checking the appropriate boxes, writing any PL notes, even opening Audacity. I'm using very old technology, so every step seemed arduous. However, I'm so glad I stayed with it! Rather than accepting help with PL'ing, as I was tempted to do, I'm overjoyed that I listened to all of you reading, infusing every word with the joy I knew when reading this for myself a few years ago. The Lord has used each and every one of you to pour the same assurance into my heart--like a long drink from a cool, refreshing stream. I needed it desperately, but didn't realize it. Thank you so much for allowing the Lord to use you so mightily, and for those who have had to wait for feedback, thank you for your patience.

Because He Lives,

Bethesda Lily

alishaachopra

Post by alishaachopra » February 19th, 2021, 11:29 pm

bethesdalily wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 7:16 am
Chapter 14 is PL OK--and, I've been saying it all morning, but it was a true encouragement.
Thank you sooo much :) :D

alishaachopra

Post by alishaachopra » February 19th, 2021, 11:30 pm

bethesdalily wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 7:49 am
To Everyone Who Has Worked So Diligently on This Project:

For the record, this includes anyone who has requested a chapter but who hasn't had the opportunity to read it yet... A bit of background: This book has had a special place in my heart for years, for it illustrates the beauty of a life lived in Jesus and places much-needed emphasis on spiritual matters. I don't know of many books that attempt to teach children the same lessons now. What's more, this book serves as a beautiful, nostalgic memory. I'll never forget a day on which I reread this two years ago, when for a variety of other reasons the Lord flooded me with His glorious joy and beautiful presence, assuring me that I was not alone. That said, I had eventually planned to record his book as a solo project, but then my health deteriorated significantly. The next best thing, then, was to DPL.

However, in all honesty, when I began to listen to the recently-submitted chapters this morning, I must admit that I was really not feeling up to it. I had a headache, my illness-fogged brain did not want to engage, and I felt overwhelmed at the prospect of actual PL'ing logistics--checking the appropriate boxes, writing any PL notes, even opening Audacity. I'm using very old technology, so every step seemed arduous. However, I'm so glad I stayed with it! Rather than accepting help with PL'ing, as I was tempted to do, I'm overjoyed that I listened to all of you reading, infusing every word with the joy I knew when reading this for myself a few years ago. The Lord has used each and every one of you to pour the same assurance into my heart--like a long drink from a cool, refreshing stream. I needed it desperately, but didn't realize it. Thank you so much for allowing the Lord to use you so mightily, and for those who have had to wait for feedback, thank you for your patience.

Because He Lives,

Bethesda Lily
Glad to know that you are able to feel better.. wish you a very good health <3

alishaachopra

Post by alishaachopra » February 20th, 2021, 3:27 am

Here is the link for Chapter 15:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helen_lester_15_pansy_128kb.mp3

Duration: 3:22

Best
Alisha

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary » February 20th, 2021, 11:32 am

alishaachopra wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 3:27 am
Here is the link for Chapter 15:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helen_lester_15_pansy_128kb.mp3

Duration: 3:22

Best
Alisha
Thanks, Alisha!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
Readers needed for:
The Elect Lady by George MacDonald

Krissywissy

Post by Krissywissy » February 23rd, 2021, 6:10 am

Hello again! Here are the corrections for Chapter 7 =)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/helenlester_07_pansy_128kb.mp3

Duration: 03:54