(grp) A Woman and the War by Francis Greville - lny

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 13th, 2021, 3:42 am

Marya999 wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 1:16 pm
Section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/womanandthewar_16_greville_128kb.mp3 12:01

I looked up the film she's so in love with - we're always looking for more family friendly movies. I thought it would be about the founding of America.
Sadly, it is about the Civil War and was named "One of the most racist films ever". Sigh.

Marya
Chapter 16 PL OK :D

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 13th, 2021, 3:50 am

AstridW wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 3:35 am
Hallo,
Preface - chapter 0

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/womanandthewar_00_greville_128kb.mp3 4.52

Best wishes

Astrid
The Preface is PL OK :thumbs: :D

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 13th, 2021, 3:52 am

Stav, I have added the link to the preface to the MW so you don't need to worry about that. MW is all up to date

miss stav
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 13th, 2021, 2:03 pm

AstridW wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 3:35 am
Hallo,
Preface - chapter 0

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/womanandthewar_00_greville_128kb.mp3 4.52

Best wishes

Astrid

Huge thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

miss stav
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 13th, 2021, 2:04 pm

ashleighjane wrote:
February 13th, 2021, 3:52 am
Stav, I have added the link to the preface to the MW so you don't need to worry about that. MW is all up to date

Wow, this is so nice of you. Thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

AstridW
Posts: 33
Joined: November 29th, 2020, 1:13 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by AstridW » February 19th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Hallo,
Here is chapter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/womanandthewar_10_greville_128kb.mp3 28.05

Best wishes

Astrid

miss stav
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 19th, 2021, 2:15 pm

Amazing. Thank you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 21st, 2021, 9:22 am

MW updated

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 21st, 2021, 1:00 pm

AstridW wrote:
February 19th, 2021, 1:24 pm
Hallo,
Here is chapter 10

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/womanandthewar_10_greville_128kb.mp3 28.05

Best wishes

Astrid
Just one PL note for this one - at the end could you change the intro to just 'end of chapter 10'? I think that having the chapter title here makes it seem as though it's the end of the book :)

miss stav
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 21st, 2021, 4:53 pm

Sometimes, people also say the chapter title at the end. It is not common but it happens.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 21st, 2021, 5:07 pm

miss stav wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 4:53 pm
Sometimes, people also say the chapter title at the end. It is not common but it happens.
Shall i mark chapter 10 as pl ok then?

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 21st, 2021, 5:08 pm

ashleighjane wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 5:07 pm
miss stav wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 4:53 pm
Sometimes, people also say the chapter title at the end. It is not common but it happens.
Shall i mark chapter 10 as pl ok then?
Oh! I think i marked it as a pl note as it doesnt say end of chapter 10, it is just the chapter tite. Will leave it up to you whether thats okay or not, though.

miss stav
Posts: 16278
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:25 pm
Location: Israel

Post by miss stav » February 21st, 2021, 8:29 pm

Let's wait until Friday to see if Astrid returns.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.

AstridW
Posts: 33
Joined: November 29th, 2020, 1:13 pm
Location: London, UK

Post by AstridW » February 22nd, 2021, 1:52 pm

Hallo!
Of course I am happy to make any changes you would like me to make.

So, if I understand it correctly, you would like
Intro: "Chapter 10"
and at the end
" End of Chapter 10"
without saying the chapter title at all?

Please confirm and I am happy to resubmit tomorrow. Thank you for listening!
Astrid

ashleighjane
Posts: 2727
Joined: February 26th, 2010, 11:04 am
Location: Northamptonshire, England

Post by ashleighjane » February 22nd, 2021, 1:56 pm

AstridW wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 1:52 pm
Hallo!
Of course I am happy to make any changes you would like me to make.

So, if I understand it correctly, you would like
Intro: "Chapter 10"
and at the end
" End of Chapter 10"
without saying the chapter title at all?

Please confirm and I am happy to resubmit tomorrow. Thank you for listening!
Astrid

The intro is okay as it is.

I personally would just have 'end of chapter 10' at the end, but it is an optional correction :D

Post Reply