COMPLETE: Morna Lee, and Other Poems, by Mary Hannay Foott - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
adrianstephens
Posts: 1159
Joined: August 27th, 2019, 5:06 am
Location: Cambridge UK
Contact:

Post by adrianstephens » January 13th, 2021, 11:46 am

My Librivox-related YouTube series starts here: Part 0: Introduction. https://youtu.be/pMHYycgA5VU
...
Part 15: Case Study (Poem) https://youtu.be/41sr_VC1Qxo
Part 16: Case Study 2 (Dramatic Reading) https://youtu.be/GBIAd469vnM


alanmapstone
Posts: 2719
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 15th, 2021, 8:27 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 15th, 2021, 4:13 pm

alanmapstone wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 8:27 am
Section 22_ Napoleon III

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_22_foott_128kb.mp3
2.29
Thanks, Alan, queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

ChingYi
Posts: 8
Joined: April 21st, 2020, 6:30 pm

Post by ChingYi » January 19th, 2021, 6:40 pm

Section 5- In The Land of Dreams

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_05_foott_128kb.mp3
1:15

Here is the section 5 recording! Thank you!

VermillionVoice
Posts: 14
Joined: September 27th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Post by VermillionVoice » January 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm

Could I do Washed Ashore and In The South Pacific, please?

jayscribe
Posts: 7
Joined: July 13th, 2020, 7:30 am

Post by jayscribe » January 20th, 2021, 1:13 pm

Hey!

I have sections 32 and 33 complete.

Section 32:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_32_foott_128kb.mp3
(Run time: 2:00)

Section 33:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_33_foott_128kb.mp3
(Run time: 2:19)

Let me know if there's anything you need from me!

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 20th, 2021, 9:15 pm

ChingYi wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 6:40 pm
Section 5- In The Land of Dreams

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_05_foott_128kb.mp3
1:15

Here is the section 5 recording! Thank you!
Thank you! Queued for PL.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 20th, 2021, 9:18 pm

VermillionVoice wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm
Could I do Washed Ashore and In The South Pacific, please?
Thank you, I've signed you up!

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 20th, 2021, 9:20 pm

jayscribe wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 1:13 pm
Hey!

I have sections 32 and 33 complete.

Section 32:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_32_foott_128kb.mp3
(Run time: 2:00)

Section 33:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mornalee_33_foott_128kb.mp3
(Run time: 2:19)

Let me know if there's anything you need from me!
Thank you, queued for PL!

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

VermillionVoice
Posts: 14
Joined: September 27th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Post by VermillionVoice » January 21st, 2021, 8:30 pm

So, I'm a bit curious/stumped. In Washed Ashore, on page 47, it says--

"To the sudden crater glow, and at nead of night the Aurora's blush". I've tried looking around and googling, but I'm not sure what 'nead' means here. Is it supposed to be read like 'dead', or 'need'? Or is it just old fashioned writing where an n is used in place of a d?

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm

VermillionVoice wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 8:30 pm
So, I'm a bit curious/stumped. In Washed Ashore, on page 47, it says--

"To the sudden crater glow, and at nead of night the Aurora's blush". I've tried looking around and googling, but I'm not sure what 'nead' means here. Is it supposed to be read like 'dead', or 'need'? Or is it just old fashioned writing where an n is used in place of a d?
Indeed, "at dead of night" would be the best bet, I reckon.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 21st, 2021, 9:47 pm

Could I take Section 34?
~ Larry

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 2420
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » January 22nd, 2021, 5:56 pm

silverquill wrote:
January 21st, 2021, 9:47 pm
Could I take Section 34?
Thanks, Larry, signing you up.

Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."

Come and assist Doctor Pangloss instruct the Baron in the proper use of his conjugals and declensions in our new play "The Heir At Law"

VermillionVoice
Posts: 14
Joined: September 27th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Post by VermillionVoice » January 22nd, 2021, 8:47 pm


Post Reply