COMPLETE: The History of Esculent Fish by Roger North -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
plaidsicle
Posts: 911
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » February 4th, 2021, 3:06 pm

section 1 is PL okay!

I should be able to get to the others a bit later tonight. I love that they're so nice and short!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 4th, 2021, 10:20 pm

section 11: Shad & Roach (4:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_11_north_128kb.mp3

I know the last sentence still has some background fuzz. It was stubborn against cleaning and I didn't want to distort it. Let me know if it's a problem.
"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

silverquill
Posts: 17076
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 4th, 2021, 10:22 pm

CassiopeiaSparks wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 10:20 pm
section 11: Shad & Roach (4:10)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_11_north_128kb.mp3

I know the last sentence still has some background fuzz. It was stubborn against cleaning and I didn't want to distort it. Let me know if it's a problem.
Thank you!
Ready for PL.
~ Larry

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 4th, 2021, 11:17 pm

Section 17, Of Securing the Bank (21:40)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_17_north_128kb.mp3

:clap: Gosh this is fun!
"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 4th, 2021, 11:36 pm

"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 5th, 2021, 12:49 am

Section 19, Of the Manner of Working Pond Head (5:57)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_19_north_128kb.mp3

:help: I do seem to be struggling with the background fuzz behind the words in these recordings, but maybe it's my speakers? I'm taking the 5 seconds at the end for the Noise Reduction Profile, then applying it to the entire track, with the N.R. settings at 6/6/6, and that seems to clean the space between my words just fine, but there's still the faint static clinging to my voice. Do you have any tips or adjustments?
"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

silverquill
Posts: 17076
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 5th, 2021, 9:43 am

CassiopeiaSparks wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 12:49 am
Section 19, Of the Manner of Working Pond Head (5:57)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_19_north_128kb.mp3

:help: I do seem to be struggling with the background fuzz behind the words in these recordings, but maybe it's my speakers? I'm taking the 5 seconds at the end for the Noise Reduction Profile, then applying it to the entire track, with the N.R. settings at 6/6/6, and that seems to clean the space between my words just fine, but there's still the faint static clinging to my voice. Do you have any tips or adjustments?
Thank you for these!
I do get a different file length for Section 17, so I've changed that in the MW, marking all Ready for PL

So, I listened to bits of a couple of these. Even with good headphones it is not that noticeable, although I do hear what you are talking about. The noise reduction is fine, but that's not the whole issue, obviously.

Are you still using the headset mic? If so, I'm sure that is the issue. It is just an inherent limitation of that type of microphone. It is fine for now, so don't worry. If you can get a USB mic, you will have better results. I've still got the one I got about six years ago when I first started. I finally got a cheap mike stand which has helped me a lot.

Anyway, keep on recording! We're very happy to have your voice and reading here. :clap:
Glad you're having fun. I think you're already hooked. 8-)
~ Larry

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 5th, 2021, 1:07 pm

I do get a different file length for Section 17, so I've changed that in the MW, marking all Ready for PL
Oh goodness, I really got that one off-kilter, didn't I! I think I was looking at the seconds and milliseconds, instead of minutes and seconds :lol: :? Thanks for catching that. I guess that's what I get for working at weird hours.

I appreciate the feedback and reassurance. And yes, I AM hooked 8-)
"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 5th, 2021, 1:23 pm

"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

plaidsicle
Posts: 911
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » February 5th, 2021, 1:44 pm

14, 34, and 11 are all PL okay! very nice readings from everyone :)
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

CassiopeiaSparks
Posts: 83
Joined: January 27th, 2021, 1:04 pm

Post by CassiopeiaSparks » February 5th, 2021, 8:13 pm

"They wear a mask which seems like concentrated sunshine, and it comes from within."
(The Face of Liberty, H.W. Collingwood)
so mote it be

silverquill
Posts: 17076
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 5th, 2021, 9:54 pm

Great! So the rest of these are all Ready for PL.
Thanks so much!
~ Larry

EmilyRassam
Posts: 9
Joined: February 3rd, 2021, 3:14 pm

Post by EmilyRassam » February 8th, 2021, 11:02 pm

Hello There,

I'm new and would like to record "Of Frosts, and the Way to Save the Fish in Them"

This is my first recording for LibriVox, so I'll be sure to review notes you've posted for the recordings.

Name for Recording: Emily Rassam

WebLink to Include: www.dreammediaconsulting.com (site isn't up right now but please use this link)

Thank you All,

Emily

AbbasVO
Posts: 12
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 8:39 pm

Post by AbbasVO » February 9th, 2021, 12:08 am

Section 6 - The Herring
4:53
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_06_north_128kb.mp3

Credit can be given as AbbasVO
I welcome any feedback before I record the next 2! Thanks!

silverquill
Posts: 17076
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 9th, 2021, 9:34 am

EmilyRassam wrote:
February 8th, 2021, 11:02 pm
Hello There,

I'm new and would like to record "Of Frosts, and the Way to Save the Fish in Them"

This is my first recording for LibriVox, so I'll be sure to review notes you've posted for the recordings.

Name for Recording: Emily Rassam

WebLink to Include: www.dreammediaconsulting.com (site isn't up right now but please use this link)

Thank you All,

Emily
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project.
~ Larry

Post Reply