COMPLETE: The History of Esculent Fish by Roger North -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 9th, 2021, 9:40 am

AbbasVO wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 12:08 am
Section 6 - The Herring
4:53
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_06_north_128kb.mp3

Credit can be given as AbbasVO
I welcome any feedback before I record the next 2! Thanks!
Thank you!
We will have a proof listening report for you soon.
~ Larry

mlaldridge
Posts: 11
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 9:13 pm

Post by mlaldridge » February 9th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Hi! Another Librivox newbie here, and I would love for my first contribution to be Sections 24-26. I can be known as MollyA if that's not taken.
Thanks!

mlaldridge
Posts: 11
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 9:13 pm

Post by mlaldridge » February 9th, 2021, 7:58 pm

Or is it common for people just to use their Librivox login name? If that's the case, I can be known as mlaldridge

silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 9th, 2021, 9:14 pm

mlaldridge wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 7:50 pm
Hi! Another Librivox newbie here, and I would love for my first contribution to be Sections 24-26. I can be known as MollyA if that's not taken.
Thanks!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

From the instructions for this, and all, projects under Point 2

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname. For now I have you in as MollyA, and I will assign you Section 24 to start with. Once you've got one section done satisfactorily, you can ask for some more.
~ Larry

plaidsicle
Posts: 911
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » February 9th, 2021, 9:39 pm

20 and 21 are PL okay!
I've got some catching up to do, with the pace you all are keeping so far!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

AbbasVO
Posts: 12
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 8:39 pm

Post by AbbasVO » February 10th, 2021, 6:54 am


silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 10th, 2021, 9:15 am

Thank you!
Up and Ready for PL
~ Larry

mlaldridge
Posts: 11
Joined: February 2nd, 2021, 9:13 pm

Post by mlaldridge » February 10th, 2021, 7:43 pm

OK, thanks! I'll submit 1 minute of Section 24 as a test to be sure I am doing it correctly, and then I'll do the whole thing once I get the green light.
Thanks!

alexandraatiya
Posts: 26
Joined: January 23rd, 2021, 9:04 am

Post by alexandraatiya » February 11th, 2021, 8:29 pm

Hi, Apologies for the delay! Here is the fixed Carp section. I took out a lot of the pauses so it's now 5:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_02_north_128kb.mp3

Let me know if this sounds ok. I had trouble making the re-recorded bit sound the same, even though my setup is the same, not sure why.

Thanks!
Alexandra
silverquill wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:38 pm
alexandraatiya wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 9:45 am
Ok, thanks! I will try to re-record with fewer gaps/pauses and repost next week!
No need to re-record.
Just fix the one stumble and adjust the volume, and upload with corrected file name.

silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 11th, 2021, 10:01 pm

alexandraatiya wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 8:29 pm
Hi, Apologies for the delay! Here is the fixed Carp section. I took out a lot of the pauses so it's now 5:42.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_02_north_128kb.mp3

Let me know if this sounds ok. I had trouble making the re-recorded bit sound the same, even though my setup is the same, not sure why.

Thanks!
Alexandra
silverquill wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 9:38 pm
alexandraatiya wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 9:45 am
Ok, thanks! I will try to re-record with fewer gaps/pauses and repost next week!
No need to re-record.
Just fix the one stumble and adjust the volume, and upload with corrected file name.
Okay, I will take a listen tomorrow.
It is almost impossible to match exactly! Even if the set up is the same, but there are other variables. The biggest one is our voice. It changes slightly for various reasons - time of day, for instance. Or we just read slightly different. But, that is fine for our purposes. :)
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 11th, 2021, 10:02 pm

mlaldridge wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 7:43 pm
OK, thanks! I'll submit 1 minute of Section 24 as a test to be sure I am doing it correctly, and then I'll do the whole thing once I get the green light.
Thanks!
SUPER :thumbs:
~ Larry

alanmapstone
Posts: 2717
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » February 12th, 2021, 9:22 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

silverquill
Posts: 17078
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 12th, 2021, 10:08 am

alanmapstone wrote:
February 12th, 2021, 9:22 am
Section 12 - Tench & Trout

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/esculentfish_12_north_128kb.mp3
4.21
Thanks, Alan!
In the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry

plaidsicle
Posts: 911
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » February 14th, 2021, 8:36 pm

section 6 and 8 are PL okay except for both are missing "end of section ___" at the ends!
8 seemed a tad loud, but the checker says it's just under 92db.

for section 9, I heard a bump at 0:21. this section is also missing "end of section 9" at the end.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

plaidsicle
Posts: 911
Joined: December 17th, 2014, 10:57 pm
Location: Indiana, USA
Contact:

Post by plaidsicle » February 14th, 2021, 8:51 pm

17, 18, and 19 are PL okay!
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com

Post Reply