[GRP] State of the Union Addresses 1934-1945 (Roosevelt)– lny

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » January 31st, 2021, 2:19 pm

randyj wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 11:35 am
Here is the link to the recording of Section 1 of FDR's State of the Union addresses:
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_01_various_128kb.mp3
How long is the recording, please?

justforfun123
Posts: 20
Joined: January 5th, 2021, 11:19 am

Post by justforfun123 » January 31st, 2021, 4:58 pm

All done! Let me know if I need to make any changes :)

Durations 24:03

Link
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_11_various_128kb.mp3

-Justforfun

randyj
Posts: 26
Joined: January 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm

Post by randyj » February 1st, 2021, 8:57 am

linny wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 2:19 pm
randyj wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 11:35 am
Here is the link to the recording of Section 1 of FDR's State of the Union addresses:
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_01_various_128kb.mp3
How long is the recording, please?
It is 16:57 in length.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 1st, 2021, 2:37 pm

randyj wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 8:57 am
linny wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 2:19 pm
randyj wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 11:35 am
Here is the link to the recording of Section 1 of FDR's State of the Union addresses:
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_01_various_128kb.mp3
How long is the recording, please?
It is 16:57 in length.
Great work! Thank you very much. Section 1 is PL OK. :D

randyj
Posts: 26
Joined: January 21st, 2021, 8:42 pm

Post by randyj » February 1st, 2021, 8:24 pm

I would like to read Section 3.

kiwibird549
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2021, 11:53 am

Post by kiwibird549 » February 1st, 2021, 9:17 pm

Here is the link to my recording of section 2-
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_2_various_128kb.mp3

This is my first recording :D

kiwibird549
Posts: 21
Joined: January 20th, 2021, 11:53 am

Post by kiwibird549 » February 2nd, 2021, 4:52 pm

Can I claim sections 5 and 6?

kamorrison
Posts: 3
Joined: January 22nd, 2021, 11:17 pm

Post by kamorrison » February 4th, 2021, 5:08 pm

I will take number 7 please. Thank you.

BettyB
Posts: 2389
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » February 5th, 2021, 8:03 am

May I claim Section 8 please...

BettyB

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2021, 5:37 am

randyj wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 8:24 pm
I would like to read Section 3.
Thank you for your additional claim! :9:

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2021, 5:38 am

kiwibird549 wrote:
February 1st, 2021, 9:17 pm
Here is the link to my recording of section 2-
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_2_various_128kb.mp3

This is my first recording :D
You are in for PL. Thank you for the additional claims. :clap:

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2021, 5:39 am

kamorrison wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 5:08 pm
I will take number 7 please. Thank you.
Welcome to LV! Here is your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/15741 The 'Reader section details' link is a great way to keep track of your claims. Let me know if you would like a different name displayed.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2021, 5:39 am

BettyB wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 8:03 am
May I claim Section 8 please...

BettyB
Of course. Thank you for helping out. :D

linny
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15257
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 6th, 2021, 6:34 am

justforfun123 wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 4:58 pm
All done! Let me know if I need to make any changes :)

Durations 24:03

Link
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/stateoftheunion_1934_1945_11_various_128kb.mp3

-Justforfun
1:11 – stumble - that we shall not repeat the excesses of the wild twenties when this Nation went for a joy ride on a roller coaster which ended in a tragic crash.
2:18 – Repeat - I wish to say that Mr. Churchill, and Marshal Stalin, and General Issimo Chiang Kai-shek are all thoroughly conversant with the provisions of our Constitution.
4:38 – computer alert in the background - Freedom from fear is eternally linked with freedom from want.
5:03 word change - It has been shown time and again that if the standard of living of any country goes up, so does its purchasing power—
Recorded as grows
6:04 word change - if only they are given the chance to know what is required of them.
Recorded as show
6:29 stumble - They have come to look upon the war primarily as a chance to make profits for themselves at the expense of their neighbors
8:01 stumble - Increased wages or prices will each in turn produce the same results.
9:10 word change - luxury as usual these are the influences which can undermine the morale of the brave men ready to die at the front for us here.
Recorded as of
10:05 repeat - more than a thousand airplanes that could have been made and should have been made were not made.
11:08 stumble - and not with half-an-eye on the battlefronts abroad and the other eye-and-a-half on personal, selfish, or political interests here at home.
I believe you may have uploaded your unedited version. I stopped Pling. Let me know if you want me to continue Pling this version.
Please note there is only ~2 seconds of ending silence. ~5 seconds is needed. Also, this track should be noise cleaned.


Post Reply