[CHILD/FOLKTALES] A Selection from the Norse Tales for the Use of Children by Sir George-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 2nd, 2021, 9:37 am

FoxSox wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 4:44 am
Hiya, as suggested I've read the first page of chapter 33 to make sure it's right. Many thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_33_dasent.mp3
Thank you!
I think you are on the right track, but here are a few suggestions.

-- in an actual recording we like to have .5-1.0 silence at the beginning and about 5 seconds of silence at the end.
-- This could benefit by using some noised reduction to bring down the background hum. We have some good tutorials on that, but just let me know if you need some help.
-- Be careful of lip smacks. The is a noticeable one at 0:16 I think a log of us fight that, and try to be aware of it in reading, but also edit out the worst of them in post production.
-- Your reading is fine but I think would be even better if you slow the pace a bit.

So, with these things in mind, carry on! I'm sure this will be a fine recording.
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 60
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » March 2nd, 2021, 2:11 pm

Hello Lomond,
I applied noise reduction to the file using Audacity app, so please check https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_22_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 2nd, 2021, 9:44 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 2:11 pm
Hello Lomond,
I applied noise reduction to the file using Audacity app, so please check https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_22_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
SmilingJade
Marked Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry

Katharina21
Posts: 63
Joined: February 12th, 2021, 9:36 am

Post by Katharina21 » March 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm

silverquill wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 9:37 am
FoxSox wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 4:44 am
Hiya, as suggested I've read the first page of chapter 33 to make sure it's right. Many thanks

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_33_dasent.mp3
Thank you!
I think you are on the right track, but here are a few suggestions.

-- in an actual recording we like to have .5-1.0 silence at the beginning and about 5 seconds of silence at the end.
-- This could benefit by using some noised reduction to bring down the background hum. We have some good tutorials on that, but just let me know if you need some help.
-- Be careful of lip smacks. The is a noticeable one at 0:16 I think a log of us fight that, and try to be aware of it in reading, but also edit out the worst of them in post production.
-- Your reading is fine but I think would be even better if you slow the pace a bit.

So, with these things in mind, carry on! I'm sure this will be a fine recording.
Hi Larry,
Thanks for the feedback, I'm learning how to do this and so that is really helpful to me. I've updated the recording according to your notes and re-uploaded it, it's now 26.44min and the link is

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_18_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Katharina

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 3rd, 2021, 10:13 pm

Katharina21 wrote:
March 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the feedback, I'm learning how to do this and so that is really helpful to me. I've updated the recording according to your notes and re-uploaded it, it's now 26.44min and the link is

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_18_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks
Katharina
Well, thank you.
Stay tuned for your proof listening report.
I appreciate your work on this. :)
~ Larry

mleigh
Posts: 792
Joined: May 31st, 2020, 2:19 pm
Location: New Mexico

Post by mleigh » March 5th, 2021, 1:43 pm

Here is chapter 13 on the Two Step Sisters:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_13_dasent_128kb.mp3
22:40

Thanks

Also, I think my previous post for chapter 24 slipped through the cracks. See below.

M

mleigh wrote:
February 18th, 2021, 8:30 am
lomond wrote:
February 17th, 2021, 10:41 pm
Greetings -

Chapter 24:

As usual, mleigh has done an excellent job of reading. I'd love to give it a PL OK rating, but, alas, it has one small thing that needs attention.

TIME: 2:58 TEXT: "And here am I, wretch that I am, shut up to spin all that" Reading has the word "and" repeated.

Lomond
Offending text removed. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_24_dasent_128kb.mp3
New Time: 10:59

Have a wonderful day.

M

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 5th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Great!
MW all updated.
Thank you for reading that long story. :)
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 60
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » March 6th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Hello,
I have completed the recording for Section 23 - The Lassie and her Godmother
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_23_dasent_128kb.mp3 duration is 12:21

Please review and appreciate any feedback.
Thank you for the opportunity,
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 7th, 2021, 11:15 am

Smilingjade wrote:
March 6th, 2021, 4:56 pm
Hello,
I have completed the recording for Section 23 - The Lassie and her Godmother
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_23_dasent_128kb.mp3 duration is 12:21

Please review and appreciate any feedback.
Thank you for the opportunity,
SmilingJade
Thank you!
Stand by for you PL report.
~ Larry

Mawusi
Posts: 9
Joined: November 12th, 2020, 5:19 am

Post by Mawusi » March 10th, 2021, 7:34 am

Here is my audio recording of Chapter 27 Boots and the Troll. I have run it through the checker and tried my best to remove background noise. It is now ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_27_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance!

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 10th, 2021, 8:54 am

Mawusi wrote:
March 10th, 2021, 7:34 am
Here is my audio recording of Chapter 27 Boots and the Troll. I have run it through the checker and tried my best to remove background noise. It is now ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_27_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance!
Thank you!
Could you give us the file length mm:ss?

Stand by for your proof listening report.
~ Larry

HeatherLaura22
Posts: 22
Joined: January 25th, 2021, 9:40 pm

Post by HeatherLaura22 » March 13th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Here is chapter 35 The Widows Son

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_35_dasent_128kb.mp3
(19:05)

-Heather

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 14th, 2021, 8:48 pm

HeatherLaura22 wrote:
March 13th, 2021, 2:39 pm
Here is chapter 35 The Widows Son

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_35_dasent_128kb.mp3
(19:05)

-Heather
Thank you!
Stand by for you proof listening report.
~ Larry

Mawusi
Posts: 9
Joined: November 12th, 2020, 5:19 am

Post by Mawusi » March 15th, 2021, 4:12 am

silverquill wrote:
March 10th, 2021, 8:54 am
Mawusi wrote:
March 10th, 2021, 7:34 am
Here is my audio recording of Chapter 27 Boots and the Troll. I have run it through the checker and tried my best to remove background noise. It is now ready for a PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/norsetales_27_dasent_128kb.mp3

Thanks in advance!
Thank you!
Could you give us the file length mm:ss?

Stand by for your proof listening report.
**Sorry about that...File Length is (12:42)

Smilingjade
Posts: 60
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » March 17th, 2021, 8:16 am

I am a relatively new reader and wanted to know what the process is. I noticed that there is already a book published out on th LibriVox.org site of this book read by various people. Is this set of recordings for the same book and will it be published on the public accessed site as a duplicated? How does that work? it looks like the sections I read were already read by others so I am curious.

Thank you,
SmilingJade

Post Reply