[Children's Lit] The Emerald Story Book by various - mas

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Kameleon

Post by Kameleon » February 21st, 2021, 11:48 am

Hi,

Could I be considered for section 59?
Section 59 - When thou comest into my kingdom

Thanks
Alex

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm

Kalamareader wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Hi MaryAnn,

Could I claim section 63: ''Spirit'' and ''Life''?

Thanks,

Wayne
Thank you Wayne. I've noted your claim in the MW.
MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 21st, 2021, 2:41 pm

jbcampo wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 10:45 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 5:59 pm
[Trying out the new first post template!]

Some of these sections are short poems. There are only a few. I have thought about it and think it's best to use the standard intro/outro for these poems since they are part of a larger project.

And we are open for claims!

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn. May I claim ch 63, Spirit and Life? Pls let me know. tks. Joe Campo
I'm sorry Joe, Wayne claimed that section last night and I hadn't gotten the MW updated yet. At this point, we are fully subscribed. Please keep looking ... new projects are opening all the time ...

MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

closeupman

Post by closeupman » February 22nd, 2021, 10:46 am

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 11:24 am

David, your file is a bit loud - I'm getting 94.9 dB - our target is 89 dB, with an acceptable range of 87-91 dB. If there is no other issue with your file, I can bring down the volume when I catalog. But you might want to look at your settings. When I zoomed in on your waveform in audacity I saw this:

See where the waveforms are flat at the top and bottom at the loud part? It seems to me that your recording volume is too high, causing the waveforms to be clipped as they go through your recording software. It might help this if you reduce the input level on your mic. I record with audacity and use the replay gain plug in to test and adjust my volumes as the final step before I upload recordings. You can find more info here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ReplayGain

If all goes well, I'll be able to PL later today. Looking forward to hearing two new voices in the LibriVox family!

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn,

Thanks. I was able to bring it to 88.9 using replay, maybe you can do better? or is that okay? If so I can re-upload. If not, I appreciate you helping to fix the volume.

Thanks,
David

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 23rd, 2021, 12:00 pm

David,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes, please upload again with the corrected volume. Use the same filename. It will overwrite and replace the one in the uploader.

You are PL OK. If you are not already reading out loud to children, you need to. That story was hilarious! Ker-chunk!

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 23rd, 2021, 12:21 pm

Stacy,

43 and 44 are also PL OK. Also lovely readings! For such a know it all lizard, he really missed that one!

Thanks for contributing your storytelling skills to this project.

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 23rd, 2021, 12:33 pm

Kameleon,
Thank you for reading section 55. It's a wonderful counterpoint to the humorous tales. Your reading was very touching and is PL OK.
MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm

Betty,

Thanks for your sections. Lovely to hear a familiar voice telling a couple of these tales! You are PL OK as usual!

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Kameleon

Post by Kameleon » February 23rd, 2021, 1:50 pm

Maryann
Thank you so much
Alex

Kameleon

Post by Kameleon » February 24th, 2021, 7:08 am

Here is section 59
(hope you're coping with my Manchester accent?)

Duration: 16:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/emeraldstorybook_59_various_128kb.mp3

Regards
Alex

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 24th, 2021, 1:41 pm

Thank you Alex. This is in the MW for PL.

And I enjoy the global community that is LV!

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader » February 24th, 2021, 9:04 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm
Kalamareader wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 8:11 pm
Hi MaryAnn,

Could I claim section 63: ''Spirit'' and ''Life''?

Thanks,

Wayne
Thank you Wayne. I've noted your claim in the MW.
MaryAnn
MaryAnn,

First I have to make a confession. :( I did something that I have often been advised not to do, but I do anyway on occasion, and this was one. I went ahead and recorded my piece after requesting it, but before my claim being accepted so I could get it in right away as I knew I wouldn't be back on LV for a couple of days. Well, I was burned. After recording it, it was awful, and I didn't have time to get it 'rerecorded' until today. Sorry for the delay, but.....

So, here at last, is Section 63: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/emeraldstorybook_63_various_128kb.mp3

Time: 8:49

Wayne
Wayne
What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? ~George Eliot

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 25th, 2021, 8:29 am

Thanks Wayne. I've added this to the MW for my next PL session ...

MaryAnn

My Librivox solos

Cprice78

Post by Cprice78 » February 25th, 2021, 8:54 am

Hi Maryann,

I have uploaded Section 36 - The Butterfly 12:23

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/emeraldstorybook_36_various_128kb.mp3

Thank you!