[CHILD/NATURE] Our Feathered Friends, by Elizabeth & Joseph Grinnel-ag

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Smilingjade
Posts: 60
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » February 23rd, 2021, 8:29 pm

Hello,
I am relatively new reader and am interested in reading :
Section 10 - Seed Eaters and Meat-Eaters
Section 11 - Some birds with a bad name
Section 13 - Our bird’s restaurant - meals at all hours
Section 14 - Umbrellas and other things

My handle is SmilingJade.
Thank you for the opportunity.

Please confirm...THANK YOU.
SmilingJade.

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 23rd, 2021, 9:36 pm

LunaPayne94 wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if some could PL my minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/1_minute_test.mp3

Thank you in advance. I'll take all the advice I can get.
Thank you for your first stab at this. One foot forward.
Since you asked for advice, the first thing I would say to you is that it is important to follow instructions. I'm not sure if you missed this in the reference I gave you, but here is a direct link to the instructions for doing the test recording.

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

So, you uploaded to the wrong place, and then posted it here instead of the Listeners Want forum. Doing it that was reduces the clutter here, and also in the MCs folder where you uploaded it. So, please review those instructions and repost it correctly.

Nonetheless, I have take a look and listen to your recording and there are several major issues.
1. Incorrect bit rate (must be 128kbs constant
2. Must be mono only, not stereo.
3. The volume is too low. Must be between 86-91 dB The link above gives you some tips on this.

There are good tutorials available on all of the above, but ask for help if you need some pointers.

Finally, although your reading is just fine, the plosives are overpowering -- the p's th's etc. You will notice one at about the 10 sec mark in your recording, for instance. And, there are other distracting sounds. Take a listen through headphones if you can.

So, you might want to give some attention before doing a new recording and uploading it.

It takes awhile to get these things all set up, but once you do, then you can relax and enjoy the reading. I'm sure you'll do fine and I look forward to having your recording in this project.
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 23rd, 2021, 9:40 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
February 23rd, 2021, 8:29 pm
Hello,
I am relatively new reader and am interested in reading :
Section 10 - Seed Eaters and Meat-Eaters
Section 11 - Some birds with a bad name
Section 13 - Our bird’s restaurant - meals at all hours
Section 14 - Umbrellas and other things

My handle is SmilingJade.
Thank you for the opportunity.

Please confirm...THANK YOU.
SmilingJade.
Hi! Yes, you've read for another of my projects, so I'm happy to welcome you to this one.
I've added you in for the above chapters. -- Thank you!
~ Larry

LunaPayne94
Posts: 12
Joined: February 22nd, 2021, 1:40 pm

Post by LunaPayne94 » February 24th, 2021, 2:04 am

Thank you Larry,

I apologise for overlooking the detailed instructions. And your advice is appreciated.

Bookworm360
Posts: 486
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Royal Palace, Spritiworld

Post by Bookworm360 » February 24th, 2021, 7:46 am

I can read the last 3 open sections, if that’s OK.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Check out these projects:
Understood Betsy(Dramatic Reading)
Works of the Right Hon. Edmund Burke
DR scene & story collection, vol.3 (PL Wanted)

briannag
Posts: 5
Joined: February 11th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Post by briannag » February 24th, 2021, 12:20 pm

May I claim 24?

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 24th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Bookworm360 wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 7:46 am
I can read the last 3 open sections, if that’s OK.
How about I put you in for Sections 15 and 25?
A new reader would like Section 24, if that's okay with you.
Just presuming on your good graces. :) Thank you for helping fill out the remaining sections!
~ Larry

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 24th, 2021, 3:20 pm

briannag wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 12:20 pm
May I claim 24?
Well, the is a claim for this that came in a bit before you, but I'm sure they would be glad to have you join the group to take the last open section in the book, so I've assigned this to you.

I see you've completed your test recording, so I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.
~ Larry

briannag
Posts: 5
Joined: February 11th, 2021, 7:01 pm

Post by briannag » February 24th, 2021, 3:28 pm

silverquill wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 3:20 pm
briannag wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 12:20 pm
May I claim 24?
Well, the is a claim for this that came in a bit before you, but I'm sure they would be glad to have you join the group to take the last open section in the book, so I've assigned this to you.

I see you've completed your test recording, so I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.
Thank you! I would be fine with leaving it how you have me listed right now with just my Librivox username. I look forward to this being my first contribution to Librivox!

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9693
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » February 24th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Over to Readers Found.

BettyB
Posts: 2389
Joined: July 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

Post by BettyB » February 25th, 2021, 2:27 pm


Bookworm360
Posts: 486
Joined: December 25th, 2017, 11:23 pm
Location: Royal Palace, Spritiworld

Post by Bookworm360 » February 25th, 2021, 4:41 pm

silverquill wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 3:17 pm
Bookworm360 wrote:
February 24th, 2021, 7:46 am
I can read the last 3 open sections, if that’s OK.
How about I put you in for Sections 15 and 25?
A new reader would like Section 24, if that's okay with you.
Just presuming on your good graces. :) Thank you for helping fill out the remaining sections!
All right, sounds great!
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Check out these projects:
Understood Betsy(Dramatic Reading)
Works of the Right Hon. Edmund Burke
DR scene & story collection, vol.3 (PL Wanted)

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 25th, 2021, 5:12 pm

Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry

Smilingjade
Posts: 60
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Post by Smilingjade » February 27th, 2021, 5:09 pm

Hello,
I have completed reading Chapter 10 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ourfeatheredfriends_10_grinnell_128kb.mp3 duration 07:45
as well as Chapter 11 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ourfeatheredfriends_11_grinnell_128kb.mp3 duration 10:33

Please review and provide feedback.
Appreciate the opportunity to read and thank you.
SmilingJade

silverquill
Posts: 17082
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 27th, 2021, 11:02 pm

Smilingjade wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 5:09 pm
Hello,
I have completed reading Chapter 10 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ourfeatheredfriends_10_grinnell_128kb.mp3 duration 07:45
as well as Chapter 11 : https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ourfeatheredfriends_11_grinnell_128kb.mp3 duration 10:33

Please review and provide feedback.
Appreciate the opportunity to read and thank you.
SmilingJade
Thank you!
We will have a proof listening report for you soon.
~ Larry

Post Reply