(Complete) Raggedy Ann's Wishing Pebble by Johnny Gruelle - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Jodes
Posts: 35
Joined: November 17th, 2020, 11:18 am
Location: Pacifica, CA
Contact:

Post by Jodes » February 26th, 2021, 3:56 pm

Hi, I would love to help with this! May I start with the last two chapters, 20 & 21, and will do more if time allows? Thanks for your work on this. Brings back childhood memories!

Jody

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 26th, 2021, 4:29 pm

Jodes wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 3:56 pm
Hi, I would love to help with this! May I start with the last two chapters, 20 & 21, and will do more if time allows? Thanks for your work on this. Brings back childhood memories!

Jody
All yours, Jody ~ have fun!

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 26th, 2021, 5:11 pm

Maria. I don't know how to save the file. Yes, I'm using Audacity. But if I ask for "Save" it tells me that is reserved for an Audacity project, not an audio file, and I should use "Export". Am I supposed to use "save?" Is this a "project"?

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 26th, 2021, 5:20 pm

MJFranck wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 5:11 pm
Maria. I don't know how to save the file. Yes, I'm using Audacity. But if I ask for "Save" it tells me that is reserved for an Audacity project, not an audio file, and I should use "Export". Am I supposed to use "save?" Is this a "project"?
You will need to export it as an mp3 for the file that you will upload to librivox. You can also save the Audacity file as a separate file, but that would be in case you need to edit the file again in the future, or for your own use.

Just do the same thing you did for the test file.

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 26th, 2021, 5:21 pm

This does not answer the question I have asked three times. How do I save it?

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 50228
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 26th, 2021, 5:36 pm

MJFranck wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 5:21 pm
This does not answer the question I have asked three times. How do I save it?
You "Save" it as an MP3 by exporting it as an MP3. Yes, it will then save it as an MP3 file to upload here

If you didn't save or export it previously, and if you now cannot find the audio, I"m afraid it's lost and you'll have to re-record.

You can save audio as Audacity projects in order to reopen and edit them later, or you can just export to MP3 or FLAC and keep those files on hand for possible edits. Generally, I never File/Save in Audacity, but always File/Export my files.
Bulwer-Lytton novel: The Caxtons
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5

TrLove
Posts: 67
Joined: January 3rd, 2021, 3:37 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, Ca

Post by TrLove » February 26th, 2021, 6:15 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_01_gruelle_128kb.mp3

Length: 11:11

Introduction and Chapter 1, all done.

Tina

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 26th, 2021, 6:42 pm

TrLove wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 6:15 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_01_gruelle_128kb.mp3

Length: 11:11

Introduction and Chapter 1, all done.

Tina
Thank you, Tina ~ lovely job! It is PL OK!

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 26th, 2021, 8:56 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_09_gruelle_128kb.mp3

OK, cross your fingers. Hopefully this file will work for you. I have recorded it three times so far, which means this must be the charm, right? I also did the noise reduction process as requested in my test.

The file should be 9 minutes, 55 seconds.

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 26th, 2021, 9:52 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_10_gruelle_128kb.mp3

This is Chapter 10. Total length is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.

Everything working ok?

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 27th, 2021, 9:06 am

MJFranck wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 8:56 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_09_gruelle_128kb.mp3

OK, cross your fingers. Hopefully this file will work for you. I have recorded it three times so far, which means this must be the charm, right? I also did the noise reduction process as requested in my test.

The file should be 9 minutes, 55 seconds.
:thumbs: Yes, it worked this time ~ sound good! :-)

There are a few minor PL Notes:
At the beginning the silence is about 6 seconds, and we need it to be no more than 1.
There is a 6 second pause @ 0:30. If you could cut that about in half, that would be great.
Also, at the end there are 8 seconds, and we need it to be five.

If you could just snip those out and reupload, that would be great!

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 27th, 2021, 9:18 am

MJFranck wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:52 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_10_gruelle_128kb.mp3

This is Chapter 10. Total length is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.

Everything working ok?
PL Notes Chapter 10:

There are 6 seconds of silence at the beginning instead of 1.
There are 7 seconds of silence at the end instead of 5.

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 27th, 2021, 11:32 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_10_gruelle_128kb.mp3

This is Chapter 10 with the beginning and ending silences corrected to 1 and 5 seconds.

Is this ok?

Total length is now 7 minutes 27 seconds.

MJ

MJFranck
Posts: 205
Joined: March 2nd, 2012, 9:57 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA

Post by MJFranck » February 27th, 2021, 11:43 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/wishingpebble_09_gruelle_128kb.mp3

This is Chapter 9 with the beginning and ending silences corrected to 1 and 5, and the silence at :30 reduced.

Total length is now 10 minutes 23 seconds.

Is everything working now?

Since I have followed the advice regarding noise reduction on this project, I thought I would not do it on my test as well. Hope that's ok.

MJ

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 13273
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 1:08 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Post by m8b1 » February 27th, 2021, 1:19 pm

Thank you! They are both PL OK!

Yes, don't worry about uploading the test again ~ you are good now on the noise. :-)

Post Reply