New Volunteer

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose » January 30th, 2021, 2:59 pm

Hi, everyone! I'm SirenaRose and am very excited to join this community. I'm from the United States, am an avid listener of audiobooks, and discovered LibriVox about a year ago. Ever since I learned about LibriVox's mission and its connection to Project Gutenberg, I've been interested in becoming a volunteer, mainly as a reader. I'm looking forward to getting started. :9:

TanG

Post by TanG » January 31st, 2021, 3:36 pm

Hello.
I think most people here are book addicts in first place, at least I really am :))
To start recording you would like to make sure that your tech specs are correct. For this reason you need to pass the 1-minute test. It's not an audition, so don't worry. Information about it you can find here http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
After that you can join any project in process, so you'll get acquainted how everything works here. For example here the short works forum viewforum.php?f=19

Hope you'll enjoy being here:)
Tan

SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose » February 6th, 2021, 2:33 pm

Thank you, Tan for the warm welcome!
-SirenaRose

HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK » March 1st, 2021, 7:30 pm

SirenaRose wrote:
January 30th, 2021, 2:59 pm
Hi, everyone! I'm SirenaRose and am very excited to join this community. I'm from the United States, am an avid listener of audiobooks, and discovered LibriVox about a year ago. Ever since I learned about LibriVox's mission and its connection to Project Gutenberg, I've been interested in becoming a volunteer, mainly as a reader. I'm looking forward to getting started. :9:
Hi Sirena! 🦩
I see you got off to a good start. Well done!
I wish you a great continuation and lots of joy! ✨
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄

SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose » March 8th, 2021, 5:28 pm

Thank you! :)