One-Minute Test for feedback [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
LibraryWitch

Post by LibraryWitch » April 11th, 2021, 5:25 pm

Greetings! I am a new recorder for LibriVox, and would appreciate feedback on my one-minute test recording. I'm using Audacity, with the Windows 10 system, and an analog microphone.

Thank you for listening.

One-Minute Test

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei » April 11th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Hi there!

Welcome to Librivox Maurice (I hope I spelled that correctly :) )

Your reading voice is very clear and nice! There are just two technical issues that need to be fixed and both can be done when you are exporting the file.

The bit rate should be 128 kbps and the recording should use a constant bit rate rather than variable bit rate (VBR).

Please open your recording and then export it with those 2 new settings (which will then be saved for future recordings) and then upload the recording again and post the link here in this thread.

Please post the actual link and not a named link so we can see if it is named properly at a quick glance - that goes for all uploads please.

Great job!

Lynda

LibraryWitch

Post by LibraryWitch » April 12th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Lynda,

Thank you for your help. I've never worked with Audacity before, so I'm still on a learning curve. I have made the changes you suggested, and here is the new version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_librarywitch.mp3

Let me know if there is anything else that needs changing. (I'd rather learn to do it right the first time....)

Maryse

P.S. No worries on the spelling. I get the masculine version "Maurice" a lot, as that's the most recognizable spelling of the name. My French-Canadian grandfather wanted at least one grandchild in each family to have a "French-sounding" name, and I got it in mine. While it sometimes causes headaches, it at least makes me unique... :D

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei » April 12th, 2021, 7:30 pm

Hi Maryse!

You pass! Way to go!

Audacity is not that hard once you get the hang of it...

Here is a little helper for you - it is called the Checker and it was written by a spouse of one of the volunteers. It checks all your settings and I especially like it as it tells me the volume number! https://cgjennings.ca/checker.html

Have fun reading for Librivox!

Lynda