How to play:
- Contribute one sentence per turn. The sentence structure should be something approximating the following.
- (The/A) [adjective] [noun/noun_phrase] /or/ [Character name / pronoun]
- [adverb] [verb] or [verb] [adverb]
- (the) [adjective] [noun/noun_phrase]
- (optional) [prepositional phrase / subordinate clause]
- Every 4th sentence can be free-form. For example this can be dialogue, or scene/character description, etc.
- Please don't submit more than one sentence in a row; it would be more fun to let the story run wild in random directions by contributors who don't know your imagined storyline. You can contribute again after someone else has written a line.
- Don't "cheat" by using semicolons, dashes, excessive subordinate clauses, etc to combine what should be multiple sentences.
- Put a number 1-4 in front of the sentence so we can keep track of when the next free-form sentence is due.
1. The gaunt stranger vigorously slapped the wooden table.
2. He breathed noisily through his infected nostrils.
3. The quivering children stared up blankly at the malodorous man, as they lay on the floor in a puddle of beer.
4. "Would you like another drink, sir?" the dwarven bartender sneered irritably.
1. The bearded dwarf tenaciously locked eyes with the unkempt patron.
This should be fun. Ok, creative people - Let's Go!