'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NoDecaf (David Leeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of Bradford's History of the Plymouth Settlement:
Mr. Leeson,
My family and I want to extend our gratitude for the time, precision & skill you have poured into your readings. Thank you for your donation to us. You made this very enjoyable to listen to. Each of my children have attended classes for modeling & acting, and most have indicated a particular interest in voice acting. This is at least in part due to listening to your great work. We appreciate you.
Sincerely,
Rebekah & children

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project History of Australia and New Zealand from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Loved this book. Learned a lot. Excellent narration, pacing, clarity. Much appreciated.
Sincerely,
Susan
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caro59 (Caroline Driggs) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Emily Fox-Seton:
Loved this book. Wonderful narration, clarity, pacing. Didn't even know that F.H.B. had written this book until I saw it on Librivox. Thanks very much!

Susan

All of Caroline's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for the readers of the group project for Emily of the New Moon (version 2) from our [url=http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Thank_You]'Thank a reader' feature:

Fantastic narration on this book I never heard of before! Well done. Thank you.
Sincerely,  
Susan
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for jocclev (Jim Clevenger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I very much enjoyed listening to Jim Clevenger Is reading grants memoirs. His voice tones and the way he spoke was like general grant himself was telling you the stories. Once again Jim was absolutely fantastic at his reading . I am so glad that I found this reading by Jim and I recommend to anyone. That if they have the chance they need to listen . Do him speak.
As always your being in servant
Jim

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TheBanjo (Peter Dann) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to say a big thank you for your wonderful recording of Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. I REALLY enjoyed the book, I loved the character of Emma's father and his remanences coming home to his empty house after her wedding was so beautifully written it made me tear up! One of my favorite books, I love the classics. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this project! Greetings from Kansas
Lauren

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Leni (Leni) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Leni
Estou ouvindo, com muito prazer, sua leitura de Os Sertões, Estou encantada com o texto de Euclides da Cunha e com a leveza, ritmo e precisão da sua leitura.
Tenho 64 anos e ainda não tinha lido este clássico. Graças à sua leitura, vou cuidando do meu jardim enquanto escuto a sua gravação.
Muitíssimo obrigado pelo seu tempo neste trabalho voluntário de divulgação da nossa literatura.
Abraço,
Claudia

All of Leni's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitley (Nick Whitley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Nick Whitley for his astounding work!
I'm listening to his version of "The Warden" by Anthony Trollope (LibriVox): it's way better than many professional audiobooks. I'm not a native speaker and my english is quite poor but Nick, with his wonderful voice and clear diction, makes listening both enchanting and relaxing!
Thank you Nick!

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MARTIN GEESON (Martin Geeson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to especially thank Martin Geeson for his breathtaking reading of William Wordsworth's The Prelude. Here's a short animation I created with a part of his audio. I hope he likes it.
Farnood

All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mark Smith,

Thank you for your wonderful recording of "Sense and Sensibility". It is an art to be a good audiobook reader and you did it exceptionally well. You perfectly captured the atmosphere of the book, and your pace and intonation were very pleasing to the ear.

I struggle to read for health reasons and deeply appreciate people who give of their time and talents to make books available to me via this platform.

Many thanks!

Kind regards,
Maria (South Africa)

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you, you are the very best reader on Libri Vox. I love Victorian English novels & your reading is the best suited & makes the story come alive.

With great appreciation,

Kathryn

Virginia, US

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
thank you for excellent reading of Brothers Karamazov!

Tom

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for PeteMilan (Pete Milan) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your reading of ‘Ashton-Kirk Investigator’. Your characterizations were so well done and so enjoyable.
Evelyn

All of Pete's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neustar (Bob Neufeld) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm writing this email to express my deep appreciation for your talented reading of The Picture of Dorian Gray, Metamorphosis, and The Brothers Karamazov. I gained considerably from the books, and your superb readings greatly enhanced the experience.
with gratitude,
Mordechai

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Alan Chant,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to bring such life to Charles Dickens' work, The Mystery of Edwin Drood. The variety of voices you are able to channel is really quite stunning.

If you were suddenly able to see me, here in Ukiah, California, while I walk the dogs (Great Pyrenees) in the morning along a remote dirt road at the top of a mountain, past the pigs, the two Icelandic horses, the spring tank, the Manzanita trees and the Spanish moss that hangs from the Valley Oak, the pileated woodpecker, all above a cloud lake that will burn off before noon, well, you most likely would wonder why that odd smile so often accompanies me to boot. But wonder no more! It is not because I'm high on opium! It's because I have been listening to your recording of the Mystery of Edwin Drood. And you transport me, more clearly than any movie adaptation ever possibly could, far across the ocean to the small, fictional town of Cloisterham by way of Tonbridge, Kent (in 2007 & 2008).

I should also say, I much appreciate hearing the occasional bleating of a sheep in the distant background of your recordings. I hear it as a kind of echo of the McNab Valley where I live, which was once a ten thousand acre sheep farm owned by the Scotsman, Alexander McNab.

I just noticed that you made an audio recording of another work by Dickens, No Thoroughfare, among others. Onward!

Again, I greatly appreciate your efforts.

Sincerely,
Colter

p.s. Your rendition of 'Deputy' is especially timeless!

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!