JohnLeloup

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Hello,
My name is John and I’m new to the community. I worked as a bass player/vocalist for about 15 years. Eventually, I started working in long term care as a music program coordinator. I’m now retired but am still involved in music. I play tuba in 3 brass groups and do occasional gigs, singing and playing the guitar.
I am looking forward to contributing as reader. Being new, I would like to start by working on collaborative projects.
vviera

Post by vviera »

Welcome, John!

What an interesting background! Sounds like you have the sort of wide creative interests that Librivox will fit right into.

I see you already passed the 1-minute test, so it's time to start having fun! Working on collaborative projects is the perfect way to get started. It gives you a chance to try out a little of this and that while getting a feel for how Librivox works.

Start at the top-level forum here: https://forum.librivox.org/
If you're interested in reading a chapter or section of a longer book, you'll see there the forum for Readers Wanted: Books. There's also Reader's Wanted: Short Works, so you could take a look at that as well.

LV people are really friendly, and there will always be someone happy to answer any questions you have. Have a great time!
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Hello Verla,
What is the usual response time when requesting a claim? I made one a couple of days ago but have not heard back and wonder if I followed the correct procedure when posting. Forums are a new thing me and negotiating this one is a bit daunting for me.
JL
vviera

Post by vviera »

JohnLeloup wrote: November 30th, 2023, 5:53 am Hello Verla,
What is the usual response time when requesting a claim? I made one a couple of days ago but have not heard back and wonder if I followed the correct procedure when posting. Forums are a new thing me and negotiating this one is a bit daunting for me.
JL
Hi John,

I went and looked at your post. (You can find a person's posts by searching their username in the forum search box.)

You won't always get a response right away since people have jobs and stuff, but I'd say more than two days is kind of unusual.

I see your request wasn't until around mid-day (my time) on Tuesday (forum shows you your local time, whether your own post or someone else's). That means it hasn't been quite two days.

I'd be patient on that one and pick another work if you're raring to get going. If you don't hear on Invalid's Hymn Book, you might want to repost your request in a couple of days. Mightyfelix, the BC (book coordinator) is a pretty regular contributor. He was online Tuesday night, so I'm surprised you didn't hear back. (Click someone's username in the forum, and you get a profile that includes "Last active.")

Let me know what happens.
Cheers, VERLA

There's no rehab for LibriVox addicts. (Aren't you glad?)