Greetings from Colorful Colorado!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Grevicci

Post by Grevicci »

Greetings forum friends-
Being three years shy of semi retirement (I'm almost 59 years old), I thought that I'd try to learn some new hobbies and I thought reading/narrating books, for a worthy cause, might be fun and gain me some new experience in this field.
I'm looking forward to reading and narrating some interesting & fascinating materials from what I can see.
Good night & Happy Thanksgiving from Denver Colorado, USA :)
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Grevicci wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 8:27 pm Greetings forum friends-
Being three years shy of semi retirement (I'm almost 59 years old), I thought that I'd try to learn some new hobbies and I thought reading/narrating books, for a worthy cause, might be fun and gain me some new experience in this field.
I'm looking forward to reading and narrating some interesting & fascinating materials from what I can see.
Good night & Happy Thanksgiving from Denver Colorado, USA :)
Hello Grevicci!! This is such a fun place to be, I hope your experience proves fulfilling for you, we're glad to have you!

I saw your post about recording in a closet surrounded by clothes and I laughed out loud because that is my situation as well! Well, mine is not a walk in closet so I fit a TV tray with my computer in between clothes with my mic dangling from a belt attached to a hanger and I can scoot a folding chair up to my little set up. :lol: :lol:
Happy Saturday from WA state!
-- Nicole
Sailing in a general... that way direction.

2023, 2024: Current reads:
The Swiss Family Robinson, Incidents of Travel in Cen.Am. vol1, Story of the Treasure Seekers, Strange Peoples, The Hobbit
Grevicci

Post by Grevicci »

Hello Grevicci!! This is such a fun place to be, I hope your experience proves fulfilling for you, we're glad to have you!

I saw your post about recording in a closet surrounded by clothes and I laughed out loud because that is my situation as well! Well, mine is not a walk in closet so I fit a TV tray with my computer in between clothes with my mic dangling from a belt attached to a hanger and I can scoot a folding chair up to my little set up. :lol: :lol:
Happy Saturday from WA state!
[/quote]

Thanks for the message CuriousEntling! It 's neat to hear how other's rig up a studio and it sounds like you've been rather creative with yours-but I guess we just need a few things to really have a studio right? Doesn't have to be extravagant. Only thing with me being in a basement closet, is that when my son is upstairs in his bedroom doing "freetime" talking to his friends on his computer, his voice goes through his air vent and makes its way to the basement where my microphone will pick up his laughter. But that and an occasional toilet flush upstairs is still better than me trying to narrate in any other place other than the basement-way too many distractions outside!
All in all, this looks like a fun hobby to get into and I'm looking to get better and learn lots of things. Who knows? Maybe I'll try a site that pays, just for a little money on the side, when I get better.
Have a nice evening.