EDITING [DR] Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott - kit

Plays and other dramatic works
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Here is Chapter 21 - A Scare
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_21_alcott_128kb.mp3
(19:54) 89.1 dB

Just the usual differences between texts. The script is spoken in both.
6:08 script "...she was benumbed with cold..." other text "... she was benumbed with the cold..."
9:07 script "...for the sharp pain took her breath away..." other text "for the sharp pain that took her breath away..."

PS I uploaded a file earlier tonight, but decided to do a few more adjustments. This is a second upload.
~carolyn
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

To Sonia- re: A Scare

Do you think I should boost the volume of Myra's voice even more? Her voice is just at the beginning in 3 places.

Thx.
Carolyn
~carolyn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 10:57 amTo Sonia- re: A Scare
Do you think I should boost the volume of Myra's voice even more? Her voice is just at the beginning in 3 places.
no I think everything sounded just right. :thumbs: Myra's croak is brilliant here :shock:

A very dramatic scene, and wonderfully edited. The few discrepancies are not a problem. I'll mark it PL ok.

Thank you

Sonia
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Kitty wrote: December 4th, 2023, 2:06 am
crystalpenny wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 10:57 amTo Sonia- re: A Scare
no I think everything sounded just right. :thumbs: Myra's croak is brilliant here :shock:
Yes! Myra's delivery is some amazing artistry! I just wanted to be sure I had everything right. Since I know the words, it's very hard to judge whether I've chosen the correct levels so the words are understandable to a new listener. Thank you for double checking!
~carolyn
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Here is Chapter 20 - Under the Mistletoe
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_20_alcott_128kb.mp3
(25:21) 89.1 dB

A touching ending to this one. I remember when I was recording the narration, I kept having to start over because I couldn't keep from crying. :roll:
~carolyn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

crystalpenny wrote: December 4th, 2023, 11:30 pmHere is Chapter 20 - Under the Mistletoe
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_20_alcott_128kb.mp3
(25:21) 89.1 dB
A touching ending to this one. I remember when I was recording the narration, I kept having to start over because I couldn't keep from crying. :roll:
awww yes this was a lovely chapter, full of merriment and sentiment. :9: And excellently edited together, absolutely PL ok, thank you again. We're really progressing nicely here.

There was a huge cast in this scene :shock:

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Chapter 2 should be ready Wednesday, I was having some audacity issues but it's working now :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ej400 wrote: December 5th, 2023, 2:12 amChapter 2 should be ready Wednesday, I was having some audacity issues but it's working now :thumbs:
super, looking forward to that, I'll be on the lookout

Sonia
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Sonia, may you please give Carolyn MW access?
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I could only offer the Co-BC slot, which is technically not correct because it's not a slot for the editors. And why would you need the access ? Usually, it's the BC's task to update the MW with the files that come in. If you don't have time one day, I will step in for you.

We're trying to restrict MW access as to limit the problems that may occur when too many people juggle in there. The normal access is two people, BC and DPL, only.

Sonia
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

That’s fine. I have no problem updating the MW myself. I simply thought that since Carolyn is co-editor, it would make sense if she could quickly add the links into the MW. I realize that this is not necessary though. :)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DariaAM wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:42 amThat’s fine. I have no problem updating the MW myself. I simply thought that since Carolyn is co-editor, it would make sense if she could quickly add the links into the MW. I realize that this is not necessary though. :)
ah no, editors usually don't have access, unless like in the case of Elijah, they are also DPL, because he got DPL access.

Sonia
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Hi all -

I'm working on Chapter 19 - Brother Bones.
About two thirds of the way through the script there is a scripted chorus of Rose and Mac, "We can, uncle, and we will!"
The line is present in Mac's recording, but the line is missing from Rose's recording.

Please advise.
~carolyn
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

crystalpenny wrote: December 5th, 2023, 8:17 pm Hi all -

I'm working on Chapter 19 - Brother Bones.
About two thirds of the way through the script there is a scripted chorus of Rose and Mac, "We can, uncle, and we will!"
The line is present in Mac's recording, but the line is missing from Rose's recording.

Please advise.
Thanks for catching that! Jennlea has been notified, and the revised version will probably be uploaded soon.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Here is Chapter 18 - Fashion and Physiology
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/eightcousins_18_alcott_128kb.mp3
(21:53) 89.1 dB

Ch 19 is done and ready to upload once Jennlea submits Rose's missing line.

That will complete my allotted chapters. What do you want to do from here? I can continue as you like.
~carolyn