COMPLETE PLAY: A Mystery Play in Honor of the Nativity of Our Lord by Robert Hugh Benson-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

GregGiordano wrote: December 5th, 2023, 5:47 pm
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:08 pm Thank you Greg!
Mary Ann,

I really want to help you bring this in for a landing by Christmas. However, the only scene I do not already have lines in is Number 3. Sadly, only a Choir Member's part is open. I think that role should go to a gifted singer, of which I am not one!

Do you have any other Christmas plays that need help to wrap it up?

Take care,

Greg
Thank you for the offer Greg. I appreciate all that you have already done on this project.

I'm not sure what's still open at this point, so it's probably best to check the DR/DW board and see if there are any Christmas projects posted. You might also check the Christmas collection, as sometimes they include a Christmas play.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Agnes, and I'd be happy to have you read Gaspar as well, if you're interested. The singing works when the parts are melded together!

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Alan!
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 6th, 2023, 9:08 pm
Thank you Agnes, and I'd be happy to have you read Gaspar as well, if you're interested. The singing works when the parts are melded together!

MaryAnn
sign me up, I'll do my best
well I guess, I am not new anymore, but I am probably still incompetent and it is my constant goal to get better at this
so feel free to comment on anything at all that could be better in the files that I post
GillH

Post by GillH »

Question - the video links for the songs often have different words for the texts. Do we stick to the printed text?

I'm struggling to understand the tune to follow for some of them. but persevering!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sorry about that ...

You might try singing along with someone else who has already recorded the song ... That would hopefully address both your melody and words callenges ...

MaryAnn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I've already recorded the Herald, but if it wouldn't be too confusing, I could take Ben-Ezra, or even Narrator for 4 and 5, if that would be more helpful
~ Larry
GillH

Post by GillH »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 7th, 2023, 7:59 pm Sorry about that ...

You might try singing along with someone else who has already recorded the song ... That would hopefully address both your melody and words callenges ...

MaryAnn
That's what I've been doing but she doesn't stick to the printed words in The First Nowell, for example.
For the others, I'm not a soprano, and the other parts are difficult to discern from a video. I've searched for sheet music but the melodies I find are not the same as in the links given.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Does Abel need to sing? He's not noted as needing to in the MW but at the top one of the song links mentions him by name
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

silverquill wrote: December 7th, 2023, 11:01 pm Well, I've already recorded the Herald, but if it wouldn't be too confusing, I could take Ben-Ezra, or even Narrator for 4 and 5, if that would be more helpful
Larry,
If you are willing to Narrate 4, 5 and/or the appendix, that would be wonderful and a huge help. You are welcome to pick up one and decide if you have time to do the others later if no one else claims them.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Inkell wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:56 pm Does Abel need to sing? He's not noted as needing to in the MW but at the top one of the song links mentions him by name
Yes, Abel and Martha sing a song when they first appear in Scene 1. Martha has recorded it, so if you want to do the part and sing along with her, that would be great. If you want to read the part and not sing, then just skip the song. As long as one of Martha and Abel have sung it, I think it will be fine in the final edited version.

MaryAnn
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:25 pm
silverquill wrote: December 7th, 2023, 11:01 pm Well, I've already recorded the Herald, but if it wouldn't be too confusing, I could take Ben-Ezra, or even Narrator for 4 and 5, if that would be more helpful
Larry,
If you are willing to Narrate 4, 5 and/or the appendix, that would be wonderful and a huge help. You are welcome to pick up one and decide if you have time to do the others later if no one else claims them.

MaryAnn
Oh, sure! Why don't you put me in for 4 and 5. They really aren't that extensive. I'll hold 5 in reserve, but I'll probably be able to fit it in. I have the prospect of a bit more recording time this month --- I think. They're always twists and turns, you know. :wink:
~ Larry
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Larry. I've added you to the MW.

MaryAnn
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Well done redrun! These are now PL OK!

I'll be attending to the other sections this weekend :D